X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goblin19
    Talkative Member
    • May 2, 2002

Originally posted by Sideshow Spock
    My sentiments were the same as yours. However instead of waiting months for it to be free on Disney+, I just watched it on movieorca.com
    And therein lies the problem with studios streaming movies for free right away. They get pirated and spread across the world before they even open in some markets, China most notably.

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

I’ll wait when it comes out on Disney+. I’m in no hurry…
      sigpic

Comment

• Goblin19
        Talkative Member
        • May 2, 2002

Hector, since you mentioned Space Jam 2 earlier, I watched it with my son the other day and thought it was quite bad. Just not funny. Some of the visuals were great and the concept was fine but the jokes just aren’t there or fall flat.

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Yeah, that’s what I hear. I can watch it on HBOMax right now, but not feeling it. I wasn’t even too crazy about Michael Jordan’s original Space Jam to begin with. Imagine the new one, lol. But I might give it a glance over the weekend.
          sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

If you go into the new Space Jam just for a visual feast to catch all the Easter Eggs, its fine. Otherwise, unless you have kids...I wouldn't waste my time. I don't regret watching it with my family, but I'm glad we didn't have to specifically pay for it.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

I'll wait for Black Widow to hit the streaming channels for free. I've always been under the impression this was a late entry in that original storyline that concluded with Endgame. As well as a sort of last hurray for that character. On the surface it doesn't appear to have any connective tissue to the current storyline created from the streaming series that seem to be building towards bigger character reveals in Dr. Strange and Spider-man No Way Home.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Surprisingly Tom, there are major things set up for some of the Disney Plus series in this one. The end credit scene is a doozy.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• drquest
                  ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                  • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  Surprisingly Tom, there are major things set up for some of the Disney Plus series in this one. The end credit scene is a doozy.

Chris
                  I would agree with this statement. It would seem before watching, it would be a end of line statement for this character and not moving the needle, but the truth is it's much more than that. Some new characters introduced, and yes setup for Disney Plus as well as some MCU movies as well. I'm hoping a Red Guardian series or movie might happen
                  Danny(Drquest)
                  Captain Action HQ
                  Retro shirts and stuff
                  More retro shirts
                  Stuff For Sale

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

Chris
                    Really?! Wow. Okay I'm game now. Thanks Chris!!!

Comment

• powersthatbe
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 27, 2010

Scarlett Johanssen sues DIsney over breach of contract by doing the streaming service at the same time as the theatrical release.

Comment

• RonnyG
                        Career Member
                        • Apr 23, 2014

They'll probably never hire her again if she's suing them, and she probably doesn't care if they don't.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

I can't say I really blame her. Sounds like she was screwed out of money that other Disney execs took to their banks by shifting things over to Disney Plus. Hollywood accounting has always been screwy, with many stars loosing "participation" money because their hit movies somehow miraculously never made a profit. Now streaming has added a whole new wrinkle to this.

I heard on several Disney insider podcasts that Feige was very much against Black Widow going to Disney Plus during it's theatrical run. That contract may have been a big reason why.

Stars have sued studios and worked for them again. I think Shatner and Nimoy sued Paramount multiple times, but they'd win or settle, then be back to their pointed sideburns by the next film.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

money talks, and if the studio see money in working with an actor/actress again, they will do so. Shatner and Nimoy sued over likeness rights, as i recall, and they won.

Comment

• sprytel
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 26, 2009

In Disney's response, they point out that Johansson already received $20M. I have a hard time taking sides in an argument over what uber-rich person deserves to be a little richer.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                                Persistent Member
                                • Sep 27, 2010

and the pandemic had affected all of that by Disney having to move everything a year back.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎