Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

What does that movie have to do with the mcu ?

Originally posted by Jorge Galvan

Apparently this film did pretty BAD and the production company went belly up!!!!

Interesting to see what happens next and IF

WILLIAM BURNSIDE is introduced to the MCU as the one Alexei talks about fighting back in the 1980's.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

Basically there same idea of a team. Supervillains dressed as good guys trying to fool the public. So why would MCU double-dip? Comic Books are one thing but trying to have the general public understand why the movies are doing the same twice I cannot see it. Also I am just speculating and what the new team is. It could also be:

VANGUARD
      A highly classified superhuman anti-terror squad of highly trained operatives fighting against terror threats in the U.S.A.

New S.H.I.E.L.D.
      Contessa Valentina Allegra de la Fontaine could be rebuilding a new S.H.I.E.L.D. and having White Widow & U.S. Agent as part of the away team

CABAL:
      The Cabal is a secret group of criminal masterminds originally assembled by Loki in Acts of Vengeance. Subsequent iterations have been brought together by Red Skull, Norman Osborn during Dark Reign and Namor after Infinity.
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Goblin19
        Talkative Member
        • May 2, 2002

Enjoyed it quite a bit. Good action, with a good somewhat emotional story and funny dialogue. More fun than recent Marvel movies. Florence Pugh just acted herself into a more major part in the Marvel universe. David Harbour is also great. Hope to see more of him, as well.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
          Career Member
          • Jun 8, 2015

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          What does that movie have to do with the mcu ?
          Nothing, but if people were hoping/anticipating what a Winter Guard film might look like, this is a prime example.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
            Career Member
            • Jun 8, 2015

Originally posted by monitor_ep
            Basically there same idea of a team. Supervillains dressed as good guys trying to fool the public. So why would MCU double-dip? Comic Books are one thing but trying to have the general public understand why the movies are doing the same twice I cannot see it. Also I am just speculating and what the new team is. It could also be:

VANGUARD
            A highly classified superhuman anti-terror squad of highly trained operatives fighting against terror threats in the U.S.A.

New S.H.I.E.L.D.
            Contessa Valentina Allegra de la Fontaine could be rebuilding a new S.H.I.E.L.D. and having White Widow & U.S. Agent as part of the away team

CABAL:
            The Cabal is a secret group of criminal masterminds originally assembled by Loki in Acts of Vengeance. Subsequent iterations have been brought together by Red Skull, Norman Osborn during Dark Reign and Namor after Infinity.

Mmkay... But, wouldn't it make more sense to just introduce...

The MASTERS OF EVIL?

A) support/recognize the TM/Copyright, B) have an Interchangeable line up, C) have the history of the group to use as fodder for future films.

Just my 0.02 cents.

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

I enjoyed it, the film had heart and I cared about the characters which I totally wasn't expecting to.

That Russian Guardians movie is worth watching, it's like somebody gave a 12 year old twenty million to make a movie. Fun to watch but has zero depth and lacks a lot of continuity. My son and I were howling.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Jorge Galvan
                SO why do you think it's gonna be one or the other???? Just curious how you came up with this conclusion?
                the Thunderbolts has been rumored already, and there's a fan fave Zemo too.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Space Jam 2 Legacy comes onboard, and Black Widow plummets in its second week by 69%, ouch.

Rough times for blockbusters right now.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

…and you would think: But hey, you can check out Black Widow on Disney+. Well, I’m not forking out $30. And that applies to subscribers.

I’d like to watch it, but I’m not going to the movie theaters during these COVID times. And I’m not shelling out $30 to watch it at home.

I’ll have to wait when Disney offers the movie to Disney+ subscribers at no extra charge. My Disney+ $12.99/month subscription is more than enough.

Yes, I want to go to the movie theater and support them, but COVID is still spreading across the world.

Plus Disney+ is a money hungry bloody thirsty mouse. HBOMax showed Snyder Cut Justice League, Wonder Woman 84, and Godzilla vs Kong, without charging extra to subscribers like Disney does.

Rant over…
                    sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

you are correct Hector, however, i figured i watched with my wife and daughter and it would have cost me $30 to go to the theaters, more really. plus it is more comfortable at home. i did not do it for Mulan or any other movie, but for Black Widow i was willing to fork it over. i think in October it will be free with the normal subscription

Comment

• Makernaut
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 22, 2015

I decided to go to the theater and see it. First Marvel Production I have seen since 2017 and the first new release I have seen in the theater since "Ad Astra" (almost two years ago). I thought it was an enjoyable enough movie and I was glad I went. I got a kick out of Yelena's humorous and nonchalant style of bad-*** and think the character is a nice addition to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                          you are correct Hector, however, i figured i watched with my wife and daughter and it would have cost me $30 to go to the theaters, more really. plus it is more comfortable at home. i did not do it for Mulan or any other movie, but for Black Widow i was willing to fork it over. i think in October it will be free with the normal subscription
                          That was justifiable on your part. Your entire family watched it at home, way cheaper than the theater.

$30 for one person, no. $30 for the entire family, yes.

Yes, I will happily watch Black Widow in October.
                          sigpic

Comment

• drquest
                            ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                            • Apr 17, 2012

I actually went to the theater last week to watch this. Went with my oldest son and his friends. 1 1/2 years since I had been in a theater and I really enjoyed being in there again. I like to watch stuff at home, but there's too many things that keep me from paying good attention to the screen.

I really enjoyed Black Widow, heavy action and CGI but what I felt was a good story behind it. I loved the Red Guardian and want to see more of him for sure. Natasha's sister was a lot of fun as well, and I really liked the character and the actress as well.

The Taskmaster was probably the weakest part of the movie IMO. Seemed kind of stuck in there and the payoff wasn't worth it.
                            Danny(Drquest)
                            Captain Action HQ
                            Retro shirts and stuff
                            More retro shirts
                            Stuff For Sale

Comment

• rykerw1701
                              Persistent Member
                              • Aug 27, 2007

It's a solid entry in the MCU. Probably bottom quarter, but that's still high praise. The acting and humor are good, and while the ending is a bit over the top, it was still fun. More than a casual nod to a Bond movie, but it was within the tone of the film. It's a long overdue solo movie for Black Widow, and if it's Johansson's last turn as the charater, she goes out in style.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                                valar morghulis
                                • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by Hector
                                …and you would think: But hey, you can check out Black Widow on Disney+. Well, I’m not forking out $30. And that applies to subscribers.

I’d like to watch it, but I’m not going to the movie theaters during these COVID times. And I’m not shelling out $30 to watch it at home.

I’ll have to wait when Disney offers the movie to Disney+ subscribers at no extra charge. My Disney+ $12.99/month subscription is more than enough.

Yes, I want to go to the movie theater and support them, but COVID is still spreading across the world.

Plus Disney+ is a money hungry bloody thirsty mouse. HBOMax showed Snyder Cut Justice League, Wonder Woman 84, and Godzilla vs Kong, without charging extra to subscribers like Disney does.

Rant over…
                                My sentiments were the same as yours. However instead of waiting months for it to be free on Disney+, I just watched it on movieorca.com

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎