X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jrfjr126rock
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 23, 2008

Burnham & Pike head shrink

Does anyone have picks of their Burnham and Pike after they used Naphtha to shrink the heads? I just got these figures and realized they look much better in person but the head just needs to be slightly smaller. I shrunk Playmates Uhura's head before and was planning on doing it to these two but their heads are different material.
  • Tiberiusguy
    Museum Patron
    • Aug 23, 2019

I shrunk Willy wonka’s head, so it would fit the hat… I was thinking of just shrinking Michael’s hair. Haven’t received her yet

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
      Moderation Engineer
      • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Jrfjr126rock
      Does anyone have picks of their Burnham and Pike after they used Naphtha to shrink the heads? I just got these figures and realized they look much better in person but the head just needs to be slightly smaller. I shrunk Playmates Uhura's head before and was planning on doing it to these two but their heads are different material.
      I haven't had time to try yet. I've seen people using acetone and repainting, which makes me wonder if Naptha will work or not.

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

I think I was required by law to shrink these, right?

Here is a group shot of the Discovery figures (and Q for reference). Pike and Burnham were both shrunk with Naphtha. I was actually really happy with the results I got for Burnham... a great head sculpt mired by Big Head Syndrome.

pike.jpg

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Pike looks way better with an in scale head. Burnham looks ok, but man those female dolly bodies need to go.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 23, 2008

I think Paramount made mego make their heads larger than normal right? Maybe its so the could get the license and not compete with some of the more detailed brands.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Jrfjr126rock
              I think Paramount made mego make their heads larger than normal right? Maybe its so the could get the license and not compete with some of the more detailed brands.
              i seriously doubt that.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 23, 2008

This is sold out completely online but I feel like with some mods this head might have fit on a mego body as well. It is a 3 inch figure so the head might be proportionate for 8 inch.
                Attached Files

Comment

• sprytel
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 26, 2009

In my experience, Titans heads are 1:6 scale and don't shrink.

Comment

• PB
                    • Jul 2, 2021

Good to know you can shrink the modern stuff. They look a lot better with the other characters now.

This is some of the only licensed Star Trek Discovery merchandise that exists. I doubt they were worried about head size when they don’t even have a vaguely interesting ‘brand’ look for the packaging.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎