X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • great_chandel
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2, 2015

RIP Richard Donner

Where would you even begin!??!?! One of the greatest directors and producers of all-time has died at age 91. Whether it was "The Omen" "Superman" "Lethal Weapon" "Goonies" -- his brilliance was endless! Next to Hitchcock and Spielberg, he was absolutely in my top 10 list. He was always a gracious signer through the mail. I received his autograph about a year ago. He will be missed...........
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Due to his Superman connection, I posted about it over in the Comics Section, but his work covered every genre and nearly every sub genre. One of the true greats for sure. A heck of a nice guy to talk to as well!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• toyhunter1970
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 24, 2020

I just Heard superman 1978 had a huge impact on me as 8 year old in 1978 i kinda cried a bit listening to the score on youtube rip Richard

Last edited by toyhunter1970; Jul 10, '21, 3:58 AM.

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

The first two Superman movies remain my all time two favorite films ever made. That speaks to the impact Donner's work had on me. RIP
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

Maverick,to me is one of his underrated films. The way he snuck nods to Lethal Weapon plus the nods to the original Maverick TV series was brilliant.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
            Career Member
            • Jun 8, 2015

A friend, who knew Mr. Donner told me a great GILLIGAN's ISLAND story, as you know Mr. Donner did tv for years, including PERRY MASON and BEARKATS among others and for this one episode of Gilligan's

He was shooting a scene in the hut with the Skipper and Gilligan and it took him the WHOLE DAY to do it, a simple scene with the two of them in their hammocks and the reason why???

Both Alan Hale jr/ Skipper and Bob Denver/Gilligan were smoking weed, passing JOINTS back and forth upsetting Mr. Donner!!! BWAHAHHAHAHA!!!! What an incredible life.

RIP Richard Donner.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎