X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Richard Donner RIP

The director of The Goonies, the Lethal Weapon series, Lady Hawk, and most importantly for me, Superman The Movie, my favorite film. Donner took the subject matter seriously, and instead of giving us a camp fest like the comic-based films that came before, created a grounded but still joyous fantasy. He did indeed make us a believe a man could fly, along with Christopher Reeve.

I was lucky enough to interview him with my podcasting partner Rob Kelly a few years back. He was a genuinely kind and down-to-earth person to talk to. No pretensions, despite his great achievements in cinema.

Director Richard Donner, known for helming the “Lethal Weapon” series, "The Goonies" and the original “Superman” film, has died. He was 91.
    sigpic
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Superman, though not my favorite hero, is my favorite superhero film. Kudos to Donner for his vision in creating that, for me it's evergreen. RIP.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

sad news indeed. i am glad he was able to put out his cut of S2 a while back, as best he could anyway using the available footage. RIP!

Comment

• Bruce Banner
        HULK SMASH!
        • Apr 3, 2010

A truly great director.
        Superman will always be one of my favourite movies. Donner's respect for the character and source material was evident in every frame.
        And The Omen is still terrifying.
        R.I.P.
        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Mr.Marion
          Permanent Member
          • Sep 15, 2014

Superman remains one of my favorite films to this day.
          FB_IMG_1625575477163.jpg

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎