X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Lords of Light Promo Comic- PAC Toys 1984-

PAC Toys Lords of Light Comic Phoenix or PAC Toys was formed out of the ashes of Mego Corporation by PAC Packaging, a toy industry packaging company that did work for Mego. Its president Joe Ruzzi had inherited the molds for many of Mego’s Micronauts toys and morphed them into a new fantasy-based toy line […]
    The post Lords of Light Promo Comic- PAC Toys 1984- appeared first on PS.

More...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

That's pretty neat. The sword and sorcery genre is kind of my thing and I would have at least grabbed a couple of those if I had seen them. You do have to wonder about the timing of the line. It probably would have done way better better a few years earlier. There was a lot of competition by 84.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, I really like the art in this. Nostrand isn't an artist you hear mentioned a lot when the EC greats are brought up, which is unfortunate.

Ever since I learned about Lords of Light here, I often wondered, was PAC going to sell glow stick refills? Glow sticks are fun, but they don't last very long. Had the line caught on, that could have been a huge razor/razor blade type of hit for them, like Nerf darts, for instance.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        Had the line caught on, that could have been a huge razor/razor blade type of hit for them, like Nerf darts, for instance.
        Yeah, I think having to constantly buy refills for the glow stick gimmick would probably have really annoyed parents. I still think the line is cool and the concept could have worked just as well with glow plastic and paint.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

I just recently met someone who claims to have the glow sticks carded, I can't wait to see them.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

So, what did PAC reissue? Was the Command Robot Biotron?

I sort of want a Mego of Emperor Dementia.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
              • Jun 16, 2001

Only four figures hit the marketplace, just the bad guys. I knew Joe Ruzzi and he always claimed the good guy figures were produced. it's a mystery as to what happened to them.

Comment

• palitoy
                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                So, what did PAC reissue? Was the Command Robot Biotron?
                The Command Robot was Carrio. Much of the molds that PAC got were from the Mego created Micronauts toys, the Takara stuff like BioTron would see new life in the Interchangables.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Ach, that's right. I had the Karza reissue but never saw the PAC toys. I forgot the Aliens were unique to Mego, I loved those.

I had to google Carrio, thanks.
                  Last edited by PNGwynne; Jul 5, '21, 5:17 PM.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎