• Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

2021 Fourth of July Celebrations !!!

Yea-yea-yea, Amerika rules --everybody else sucks --- I get it

Just please ...

Explode your loudest firecrackers now -- while the human race is still awake.

Don't wait for 3 AM to test your home-made 50 megaton Tsar Bomba outside my window

Happy Happy 4th ---
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

Well, as long as the Sky Rockets are flyin'..

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Happy Independence Day!

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

Still remember going with my older bro (RIP) to the local ice-house to get a few 12" cubes for our 4th celebrations.

Being Polish, we never did anything half-assed --- The whole town would stop in at our parties ..

Perogies and beer ? … Yes, we can set you up

I remember taking a few drunk guys home in the back of my pick-up truck --- had no idea who they were but drived them home safely

Comment

• Dark Shadow
          Creature Of The Night
          • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by Mikey
          ...Explode your loudest firecrackers now -- while the human race is still awake.

Don't wait for 3 AM to test your home-made 50 megaton Tsar Bomba outside my window

Happy Happy 4th ---

Here, in So Cal, fireworks start about mid April and slowly build up to a peak on May 5, followed by another slow build up thru Memorial day for a 2nd peak. From there, it's a crescendo up through the July 4th climax when much of the area becomes a 5-6 hour long war zone (from about 7pm thru around Midnight). There's a significant drop in frequency after that, but they do carry on until the wee early morning hours. The last one I heard this morning was about 6:45 am. We'll continue to have them in small and large waves through the end of the month. Then it will calm down, until after Christmas, which ushers in another month's worth of peaks and valleys of interrupted sleep.

Comment

• J.B.
            Guild Navigator
            • Jun 23, 2010

We're not too far from the Rose Bowl, and they put on quite a show. Air quality was still bad this morning.
            You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎