Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You guys weren't kidding about FTC bodies...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KingKickass1983
    Career Member
    • Jan 19, 2019

You guys weren't kidding about FTC bodies...

They really are crap!

I bought one with the pegged on gloves and boots set, whatever the figure is held together with has almost no give!

Luckily I only needed parts for a custom.

The new S type bodies are good however. Just wish they weren't so pale.

As for the accessories, it seems to be hit or miss. Most of the stuff I bought from them hold up pretty well. Except the white belt with pouches. My first one literally fell apart as I was trying to fit it on a figure. The replacement they sent me was broken on arrival! Decided to just go with a cloth belt instead.

I love their wide selections of accessories though. And their customer service is pretty good.

Rant over I guess.
    Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Well I can tell you even the New Megos can fall apart right out the package. I took out a Mr. Hide and his leg was just dangling in there, I had to use a Star Trek to complete my figure.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Teemu
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by monitor_ep
      Well I can tell you even the New Megos can fall apart right out the package.
      Yes they do, and yet the "Mego crew" crap on NECA as having the same problem with their 8" retro's, which isn't true.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
        Often invisible
        • Jul 18, 2002

Nothing is immune to being broken, but what’s the ratio of broken to non-broken figures per type?

I have 100 or so loose Mego2k figures and maybe 2 broke by means I didn’t cause. I’ve had very little problem with them.

Most of my NECA figures I haven’t opened, maybe 8 of mine are loose and not one has broken. I will say that my They Live Nada figure had very stiff joints that I was extra careful about moving.

I haven’t really bought FTC in the past couple of years.
        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
          Nothing is immune to being broken, but what’s the ratio of broken to non-broken figures per type?

I have 100 or so loose Mego2k figures and maybe 2 broke by means I didn’t cause. I’ve had very little problem with them.

Most of my NECA figures I haven’t opened, maybe 8 of mine are loose and not one has broken. I will say that my They Live Nada figure had very stiff joints that I was extra careful about moving.

I haven’t really bought FTC in the past couple of years.
          I think it's really luck of the draw with any of these companies. I've had two bad Mego2k figures out of about 40. One torn shoulder and one backwards arm. I had one issue with FTC out of about 80 figures, a too tightly strung skinny body Riddler.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎