X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LardLad
    Museum Patron
    • Mar 13, 2012

Question - Superman with fabric emblem?

Until this week I had never seen a Mego Superman with an emblem that was anything other than a decal (with the exception of customs). I spotted an auction on eBay for a Superman in really nice condition, but the emblem was fabric. I didn't bid, but I became curious - is this a custom, or something Mego itself produced, or another company manufacturing the figures under Mego governance? This forum seemed like the best place to ask.
  • Makernaut
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 22, 2015

Superman had a couple different emblems. The rare find is the large S version, which is much bigger in size. The standard version came in paper and cloth. There are a lot of high quality home made paper and cloth emblems out there, but Doc’s in the only factory made version. It’s a paper die cut and actually looks much cleaner than the original paper version, which tends to look like a bad print job.
    http://www.megomuseum.com/galleries/superman/#emblems

Cloth emblem could be original because they were produced by Mego in addition to the paper ones. However, that doesn't mean it's not a repro because there have been reproduction ones made, as well.

Comment

• LardLad
      Museum Patron
      • Mar 13, 2012

Thanks! I should have asked this question while the auction was still active.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎