X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Received my Outsiders Halo Today...

I really do like FTC. I want to love FTC, but maaaaaaan, they make it hard.

I received my bagged Halo today. I wasn't in love with the figure, as I wish FTC would put the effort that they put into the mail head sculpts into the female head sculpts. But it's fine and once I fluff the hair out, it does fit the character. The hair streak is nicely done, the costume looks good (even if the design could be higher up) and the feet has pleather soles on the bottom, which is nice.

So I pull her out of the bag to get a better look and before I can even check for a hunchback body, I see the lower left leg is floppy. I pull off the uniform and the upper leg's seam is slightly split, although I have seen worse with no ill effect, but there is no resistance at the knee. It's just flopping back and forth, forth and back... UGH!

I guess I could send her back and try again, but after a more thorough inspection. everything else looks to be okay, And the last time I sent a figure back, the Supergirl skirt variant, the replacements were worse each time. Instead, I grabbed one of my daughter's old braces rubber band, wrapped it around the knee, and it tightened up the joint.

I hate complaining out loud about companies on the internet. Enough people do it for the rest of us. And FTC hasn't been that bad for me. But it's a head shaker that they could not do a quality check on bagged figures. Not packaged, zip tied figures, but a loose bagged figure. It always takes away from the enthusiasm of wanting to order the next figure.

But once I fixed my new figure, here is what you get:

FTC Halo.jpg

FTC Halo and Metamorpho.jpg

Here's hoping for the rest of The Outsiders, and with better quality too.
  • Krypt0nite
    Radioactive!
    • Feb 13, 2010

Thanks for the great photos and review. I think the Jim Aparo looks are a good middle ground between "cartoon" and "realistic" sculpts, and I'm looking forward to the rest of the Outsiders.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Is that Daphne’s head? They really need to learn how to tailor women’s suits and not leave them so baggy
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• drogge
        Career Member
        • Jul 24, 2009

I have felt the same way at times, some times FTC hits it out of the ball park. It is a real head scratcher. It is the small details that could make all the difference, better tailoring and the bodies need to be improved. I am a die hard collector, I want FTC to succeed. At the current price point, there are really no excuses. FTC, has open reign on the DC line, make some stellar figures. Give us collectors something to shout about! With that said, my Halo is on the way.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

She looks pretty nice, for FTC.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• drogge
            Career Member
            • Jul 24, 2009

Halo is great!! One of my favorites thus far.

Comment

• tllgn
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 6, 2010

I got her as well.colorful figure the paint application's are very nice.ill get another when she is released in the package .

Comment

• SpaceAgent
                Veteran Member
                • Oct 21, 2009

Any idea when these (Halo, Metamorpho) are going to be available carded? Seems like it’s been a long time of FTC saying “coming soon!”

Comment

• scott metzger
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  She looks pretty nice, for FTC.
                  And in a very sad way, that pretty much sums things up here. The most recent offerings have been...less than stellar. The choice of head and the paint job here are...well, let's just say I made a face even worse when I saw it. The SupergirlWonder Woman head might have worked a bit better here. The costume is just about right (the red and yellow streaks are a bit low, as was mentioned earlier), but all the details are there except the "turtleneck." The fit, though, is pretty bad. This should have been a really easy figure to make; it's not terrible, but it's not really good, either. This and the recent Wonder Woman wave have been a real step down in overall quality. Metamorpho was done quite well, and, aside from the light hands, Swamp Thing came out decent. But this one's definitely at the other end of the spectrum (though at least she isn't on a Daisy Duke body...). FTC can make some nice looking figures when they try, but the recently revealed Rima seems to indicate that is not the direction we're going in now, and that isn't a good thing. I want FTC to succeed here, and keep making the DC figures (let's be honest, if Mego got the full DC license back, we would NEVER see something like a Halo or Rima figure; way too small a niche). But the bar needs to come back up to the level they've done before.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎