X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SeattleEd
    SynthoRes Transmigrator
    • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by apes3978
    You should have been able to buy it-If it's on their shelves, it's a product for sale... They should have sold it to you if they weren't on the ball enough to have pulled them off the shelves.
    I thought the same and was even tempted to go back and grab another copy and scan the check out scanner with a different UPC, pay and walk out. But did not want to go that route and chance it. It's just an audio glitch.

Comment

• SeattleEd
      SynthoRes Transmigrator
      • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
      i wonder if the "glitch" was actually that Disney+ was supposed to have exclusiveness for a certain amount of time. seems odd that the new release is 7 months out
      I am reading on forums(blu-ray & Reddit) that notices are being received from buyers that the discs will be available in early March. Some said March 1 and others March 8.
      In regards to Target's date, no idea why and cannot validate why that date but other folks have experienced this as well.
      Seeing that I want the blu-ray simply for the audio, I plan on waiting to get the fixed version but it would have been nice to have it early.

Comment

• apes3978
        Permanent Member
        • Nov 19, 2005

On a different forum I read (the one I posted up thread), one guy is worrying that when it's released to the public 'again', that it'll just be the 2 hour special preview of the special that was shown before it hit Disney+, and that Disney+ will have the exclusive rights to the original three part series.

Originally posted by SeattleEd
        It definitely will not be a 2 hour since there is no 2 hour version created. For those that attended the IMAX live with Peter Jackson Q&A he did state that here are only two versions in the vaults.
        In regard to my post where I mentioned the guy saying there was a 2 hour preview version, I had it wrong in terms of the length of the premier screening version, he didn't give a length of how long it was-I was just going by memory when I posted and had 2 hours in my mind for some reason...

Anyway, what the guy said was this: "What if Disney at the last minute decided to go the other way - and instead of extras, eventually releases the blu ray and DVD with the short version (screened for family and friends at the premiere) and saves the 8 hour version exclusively for their streaming customers."

I wanted to correct myself in regard to how long the guy said the premier (or as I mistakenly said earlier 'preview') version was, in that he didn't actually give a length for the short version, but indeed did say there was a short version made...

His complete post can be read at the bottom of this page, post # 17700:
        Have you watched many concert films? Because most of the ones I see have cutaway shots of the crowd, reacting to the music, sometimes having someone...

Comment

• apes3978
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by SeattleEd
          I thought the same and was even tempted to go back and grab another copy and scan the check out scanner with a different UPC, pay and walk out. But did not want to go that route and chance it. It's just an audio glitch.

According to one guy on those forums, he was able to buy it at Target by purchasing it thru the self checkout... This is his story:

"I had a slow day, so I decided to go to another Target nearby to see if they had it and try going through the self checkout line. They did have them in stock on the shelves, I grabbed one and went to the self checkout kiosk. When I scanned it, a prompt came up on the screen telling me an associate will come assist me. He logged in, scanned it and it again said "unable to sell this item until September 9, 2022 at 12:00am".

I asked him if we could still run by card and do some work around. He said "there's always a way around these things". So he scanned it as a non-barcoded item and I finished my checkout and I'm home with it now.

So if anyone has this same issue at a Target, just try the self checkout line and ask if there's a non-barcode bypass that can be done.

I haven't played it yet. I'll wait till tonight when I have some uninterrupted time. "

His is post #17624 on page 705 of the same thread I posted in the message I posted above...

Comment

• SeattleEd
            SynthoRes Transmigrator
            • Oct 24, 2007

In regard to my post where I mentioned the guy saying there was a 2 hour preview version, I had it wrong in terms of the length of the premier screening version, he didn't give a length of how long it was-I was just going by memory when I posted and had 2 hours in my mind for some reason...

Anyway, what the guy said was this: "What if Disney at the last minute decided to go the other way - and instead of extras, eventually releases the blu ray and DVD with the short version (screened for family and friends at the premiere) and saves the 8 hour version exclusively for their streaming customers."

I wanted to correct myself in regard to how long the guy said the premier (or as I mistakenly said earlier 'preview') version was, in that he didn't actually give a length for the short version, but indeed did say there was a short version made...

His complete post can be read at the bottom of this page, post # 17700:
            https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threa...04733/page-708
            Ah. The Hoffman forum. I've rarely frequent the site as it has become in my view, polluted with a lot of misinformation and egos. Not enough evidence based outcomes for my taste. But a great forum indeed.

The Premiere version which is 100 minutes was edited for the that presentation only according to what Jackson touched on.

What is being released is the actual Disney Plus version based on the time duration on the pre-order website, which The Beatles store sent out again this morning. No set date but hearing overseas are getting it in March.

Comment

• SeattleEd
              SynthoRes Transmigrator
              • Oct 24, 2007

According to one guy on those forums, he was able to buy it at Target by purchasing it thru the self checkout... This is his story:

"I had a slow day, so I decided to go to another Target nearby to see if they had it and try going through the self checkout line. They did have them in stock on the shelves, I grabbed one and went to the self checkout kiosk. When I scanned it, a prompt came up on the screen telling me an associate will come assist me. He logged in, scanned it and it again said "unable to sell this item until September 9, 2022 at 12:00am".

I asked him if we could still run by card and do some work around. He said "there's always a way around these things". So he scanned it as a non-barcoded item and I finished my checkout and I'm home with it now.

So if anyone has this same issue at a Target, just try the self checkout line and ask if there's a non-barcode bypass that can be done.

I haven't played it yet. I'll wait till tonight when I have some uninterrupted time. "

His is post #17624 on page 705 of the same thread I posted in the message I posted above...
              This seems like being lucky at the right place at the right time. In my case, I did the self-checkout when the prompt popped up and which an assistant manager assisted me, yanked the box from my hand and said I cannot sell this to you, walked away and said "I'm taking this to Customer Relations to inform them to remove off the floor." Pretty bothered by the incident for a while but then it's just a glitch and there are no bonus materials or added or altered scenes based on the fan feedback on the Hoffman site. So pretty pointless to get and just looking forward to getting my copy from the Beatles store.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                SynthoRes Transmigrator
                • Oct 24, 2007

For those that are interested, the rescheduled release date is March 11th for the USA. For the UK it will be May 27th. Japan is April 20th.
                The audio glitch for released disc is the surround was down mixed to stereo. So pretty much worthless and for the folks that paid over $100 for the discs on ebay, not worth it. Bottom line all discs need to reauthored with the proper audio hence the bad discs will be dumped but packaging reused and resealed. So, no new material or deleted material. Same. Although there is an error with credits that was fixed on Disney plus but not the discs. Not a big deal but might be to Macca as it is his personal friend, Ivan Vaughn.

Source: http://webgrafikk.com/blog/

Comment

• apes3978
                  Permanent Member
                  • Nov 19, 2005

Thanks for the update on the release date...

As for those who paid over $100.00 for it on eBay, I guess now they'll have some sort of collector's item

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

thanks for the info. only a couple more weeks then

Comment

• apes3978
                      Permanent Member
                      • Nov 19, 2005

Well, it now looks like July 12, 2022 is going to be the release date for the Blu-Ray & DVD versions of Peter Jackson's 'Get Back':

We’ve got a quick update for you this morning with word from Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment that the long-delayed Blu-ray release of Peter Jackson’s The Beatles: Get Back documentary has finally been rescheduled for 7/12, as we first reported a couple of days ago. The title had originally be...

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

Amazon has it listed for 99.99. that's nuts. target is only 34.99 but has sold out of pre-orders

Comment

• apes3978
                          Permanent Member
                          • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                          Amazon has it listed for 99.99. that's nuts. target is only 34.99 but has sold out of pre-orders
                          There's talk that the $99.99 ones on Amazon are third party sellers (can be read here:https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threa...04733/page-749)

They're probably people that tried to flip it after it was pulled from shelves and now they realize they can't get their scalping price, so they're lowering it hoping someone will still bite?
                          Last edited by apes3978; May 23, '22, 8:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎