Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

I was reading some stuff about Tom Petty. He said he never understood why they called George "The Quite Beatle". He said George never shut the hell up.

Comment

• rykerw1701
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 27, 2007

Originally posted by jwyblejr
      I was reading some stuff about Tom Petty. He said he never understood why they called George "The Quite Beatle". He said George never shut the hell up.
      I suspect it was because Paul didn't let him speak. And I like Paul, seen him twice, but from the film it was clearly his way or no way.

Comment

• apes3978
        Permanent Member
        • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
        Bluray release set for Feb 8th
        I was surprised I didn't see it at Target when I was in there last night... I'll have to check the one on the other side of town or Walmart...

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

George was very passive-aggressive …

Don't think Paul knew/knows what that means...

Most peeps either confront him or cower away …

George was Levitt (see Barney Miller)

Comment

• apes3978
            Permanent Member
            • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by apes3978
            I was surprised I didn't see it at Target when I was in there last night... I'll have to check the one on the other side of town or Walmart...
            No wonder I didn't find it at Target last night, its release has been delayed due to a 'technical glitch':

The release of The Beatles’ Peter Jackson ‘Get Back’ documentary on DVD and Blu-Ray has been delayed.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

thanks for posting. i had not heard that and had not had a chance to go to the store and try to buy it yet

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

appears it's been pulled from the websites as well. probably until they have a new release date

Comment

• SeattleEd
                  SynthoRes Transmigrator
                  • Oct 24, 2007

Interesting. BR was be still available for pre order a few days ago and now removed as item unavailable while other sites have it up for pre order. But yeah delayed.
                  But if you are in SoCal some copies made it out to retail.
                  Some copies of The Beatles: Get Back appeared on retail shelves Feb. 8 despite a recall. Several Blu-ray Disc copies of Peter Jackson’s acclaimed documentary on the legendary British rock … Continue reading "Some Copies of ‘The Beatles: Get Back’ on Blu-ray Appeared at Retail Despite Recall"

I'd like a copy with the glitch or would like to know what is the glitch. Wondering if it is an authoring issue as my BR copy of One the indexing is off and cant play properly on a player. I ended up ripping the disc and just keeping the videos as separate files to play back on my laptop and phone.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                    SynthoRes Transmigrator
                    • Oct 24, 2007

Went to Target and found Get Back on Blu Ray. Went to ring up and was told.they cannot sell it to me. To be released 9/9 to floor. So.close!!!!!!!

Comment

• SeattleEd
                      SynthoRes Transmigrator
                      • Oct 24, 2007

Seems folks are taking advantage of this and posting on ebay for a pretty penny. Nuts!

Comment

• apes3978
                        Permanent Member
                        • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by SeattleEd
                        Went to Target and found Get Back on Blu Ray. Went to ring up and was told.they cannot sell it to me. To be released 9/9 to floor. So.close!!!!!!!
                        Dis they give you an explanation as to why? I have read it's some sort of technical glitch, but I was just wondering if Target said anything different to you?

On a different forum I read (the one I posted up thread), one guy is worrying that when it's released to the public 'again', that it'll just be the 2 hour special preview of the special that was shown before it hit Disney+, and that Disney+ will have the exclusive rights to the original three part series. I personally think he's reading way too much into why it was delayed/pulled from shelves and over analyzing things-I think we'll get the full three part series, and he's worrying about it too much
                        Last edited by apes3978; Feb 14, '22, 2:33 AM.

Comment

• apes3978
                          Permanent Member
                          • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by SeattleEd
                          You should have been able to buy it-If it's on their shelves, it's a product for sale... They should have sold it to you if they weren't on the ball enough to have pulled them off the shelves.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

the article said that even if you found it on shelves, it is flagged in the computer to alert an employee to pull it and not let you purchase at the register

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                              Muddling through
                              • Oct 4, 2008

i wonder if the "glitch" was actually that Disney+ was supposed to have exclusiveness for a certain amount of time. seems odd that the new release is 7 months out

Comment

• SeattleEd
                                SynthoRes Transmigrator
                                • Oct 24, 2007

No reason. The person came to check the error code and it came up as saying not to be sold until 9/9 which I think is a random date.

The glitch is an audio glitch only and still waiting for fans to post exactly what the glitch could be. Might be just out of sync audio.

It definitely will not be a 2 hour since there is no 2 hour version created. For those that attended the IMAX live with Peter Jackson Q&A he did state that here are only two versions in the vaults. The Rooftop performance which is just a rip from the Documentary with some added footage and chyroning at the start. And the Disney plus Blur/DVD version. Apple has all the footage of the film digitized and archived. What they will do with it Peter did not know as he is done with the project and moved on. No verification of the 16 hour version will be released but did say he did create it. Didn't mention if Apple has it but I think Peter has some of the files as he displayed his iPad with timecode footage.

What will be released is what is in the stores and on Disney plus. No more no less. For those that have authored DVDs and Blu-Rays, I have, will know what it entails to go back and recreated another authored disc with bonus material. The fix should be easy and just re-render the file with the audio correction, then embed back into the project and recreate the master and send off to production. I have a feeling the glitch discs will still be sold along with the corrected versions or end up in cutout bins online. People paying so much for this are getting a faulty product with no bonus features..so far. As I said, fans have yet to verify the glitch.

Originally posted by apes3978
                                Dis they give you an explanation as to why? I have read it's some sort of technical glitch, but I was just wondering if Target said anything different to you?

On a different forum I read (the one I posted up thread), one guy is worrying that when it's released to the public 'again', that it'll just be the 2 hour special preview of the special that was shown before it hit Disney+, and that Disney+ will have the exclusive rights to the original three part series. I personally think he's reading way too much into why it was delayed/pulled from shelves and over analyzing things-I think we'll get the full three part series, and he's worrying about it too much

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎