Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

they didn't hate each other. they just needed to grow individually and the band had become too restricting. they all worked together on their solo albums after the band broke up, just not all at the same time. except John and Paul, and i think that was egos

Comment

• SeattleEd
      SynthoRes Transmigrator
      • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by Mikey
      If the Beatles truly HATED each other at that time I don't think a polished pristine version of Let It Be serves much of a purpose unless you want to show THIS rock band has no flaws .
      Mikey,

That has been gossip passed around for years but over time it came out that in that month the sessions were rough and frustrating due to poor business management and executive decisions the band did not want to deal with, not to mention the John's heroin habit but also the sessions had it's share of ups as well for which you can hear on the recordings and see in the trailer. If you are Get Back sessions aficionado, you will learn the truth by wading through hours of recordings that was leaked and bootlegged.
      I will be honest, Let It Be was my least favorite Beatle album simply because of the Spector attachment and what he did, which was great considering, but when I heard the original versions of the songs on the Get Back Album for which I fell in love with the songs and sessions. I love the feel of it and the spirit. When Let It Be Naked came out that was the clincher that me love this album even more, just missed all the interstitials with banter and joking for that release.
      Now hearing this remix/remaster, my view of the Spector album has matured and I love how this was remastered. The songs sound far better than what Spector did due to modern equipment and great remixing and remastering of Martin and Okell.
      I love what they did with the Get Back album as well. So much in there that the bootlegs did not have. Also, on "Teddy Boy" they removed the squelched of feedback from John's mic. Amazing!

And so you understand, it was not hating EACH other, it was John and George against Paul, and Ringo was ignored. This was Paul's project and it didn't work out how he wanted and the John and George were blasé about the idea but went with it to release an album and meet their obligations.
      Last edited by SeattleEd; Oct 15, '21, 6:43 PM.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

Let it Be is actually one of my favorite albums. The songs on it for the most part of some of their best, IMHO

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

I like the original Let It Be album …

IMO, if they released it with Hey Jude's side-2 as a double album it would be a masterpiece rivaling even The White Album

Comment

• Blue Meanie
            Banned
            • Jun 23, 2001

People also have to remember that the "Get Back / Let It Be" sessions almost encompasses 3 Beatles albums (End of the White Album / Let It Be / Abbey Road) and early solo material of George, John, and Paul. So it expanded very quickly and out of control to the point they were bringing in people like Billy Preston. Also, George Martin was really not even involved with The White Album or Let It Be. Lot of stuff going on in all different directions.

Don't know if you saw the latest trailer that is about 4 minutes long...but I actually learned something new that I never knew before : The Beatles had 2 weeks to deliver a new album. That stunned me because in all the time I have been a fan / collector I had never known that fact. That is going on close to 40 years of being a collector for me. I never once heard that part of the Let It Be story. Trust me, I have the Get Back Journals which is an 11 album bootleg set that is just agonizing to get through and to this day I still haven't completely gotten through it...and I have had the box set since about '87.

My one hope is that Giles Martin does a better job on this set than he did on Abbey Road. I was HIGHLY disappointed with the 50th Anniversary set that he re-mastered. Love the Pepper and White Album sets he did...but Abbey Road was a bust in my opinion. When does the Let It Be Box come out? I never pre-ordered the set and I also have to get the All Things Must Pass 50th set too.

Comment

• SeattleEd
              SynthoRes Transmigrator
              • Oct 24, 2007

^^Berto,

We are in the same boat! Ha! I was surprised too about the 2 weeks to deliver the album but then it wasn't delivered and then Abbey Road was the next thing to be delivered and LIB tapes were later handed off in 1970, almost a year later.

Interesting. I do like all all the work Martin and Okell have done to the albums and yes, even Abbey Road. Heck, even the LOVE album. The reviews are always mixed with fans so to each their own. Just buy what you like.

I too had the Get Back Journals 11 disc colored vinyl set that I bought back in 1987. I did take the time to listen through it and there are some gems but some repeats as well from either Nagra Camera A or B so it go repetitious. I missed out the huge boxset of CDs that Vigotone released with the entire sessions but no need anymore.

Let It Be came out today and on streaming services last night. Best to check out ahead. So far, I love every minute as I now have the CD, Vinyl, and HD HiRes files for it. Haven't played the vinyl yet and the same with Harrison's ATMP which I heard got bad reviews for the vinyl release. I disagree with the reviews as it sounds great to me.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

i didn't mind the AR set, but i was not overwhelmed either. love the white album set and Sgt Pepper. My Let it Be set doesn't arrive from popmarket until Wednesday. can't wait.
                i was surprised by that timeframe on the album as well. really looking forward to watching the docuseries. i'm sure there will be a lot of revelations with all the unseen footage. just from the previews you can see there were a lot of goodtimes happening for them too, in between the acrimony

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                  Banned
                  • Jun 23, 2001

Really great read:

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/...MAOWdMFW1tbD4Y

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

To me, it seems like John Lennon was a major Azz-hole

He didn't take care of his first son and seemed to destroy the Beatles from the inside.

Talent,.. i'll give him that --- but seemed like a super dick in real life

Paul ? ………. well his history speaks for itself ---- everybody loves him

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
                      that was a great read. thanks for posting it

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Mikey
                        To me, it seems like John Lennon was a major Azz-hole

He didn't take care of his first son and seemed to destroy the Beatles from the inside.

Talent,.. i'll give him that --- but seemed like a super dick in real life

Paul ? ………. well his history speaks for itself ---- everybody loves him
                        It was pretty much Yoko Ono that screwed him up, he went all weird after he met her and I know the other Beatles didn’t like her.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                          SynthoRes Transmigrator
                          • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
                          Berto,

Awesome read! Thank you for sharing. Gret info and updates. The technology is here to de-mix audio as used on the recent Hollywood Bowl remixed album. So bring on Revolver and Rubber Soul.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                            SynthoRes Transmigrator
                            • Oct 24, 2007

Here is an article on demixing the Hollywood Bowl project.

Comment

• rykerw1701
                              Persistent Member
                              • Aug 27, 2007

Originally posted by SeattleEd
                              Here is an article on demixing the Hollywood Bowl project.

https://www.wired.com/2017/03/remast...ly-made-great/
                              Good article, thanks for posting. I wondered how they did what they did with this album. Usually when my untrained ear hears remixed albums, I think that all really happened is they increased the volume in certain areas and cleaned up a bit of noise, so the result isn't that maginicent to the casual listener. But with the Hollywood Bowl album, the difference is night and day. It goes from something unlistenable and annoying to a very enjoyable live recording of the Beatles. Something actually new to hear.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                                Muddling through
                                • Oct 4, 2008

typical USPS, my package was supposed to be delivered yesterday, but wasn't. tracking has no updates in 2 days and the usual message "your package will arrive later than expected but is still en route". I mean it's no wonder the post office is a sinking ship.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎