Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SeattleEd
    SynthoRes Transmigrator
    • Oct 24, 2007

I will throw my hat in the speculatory arena.
    I think this will be released in a physical media at some point just like the Anthology project. Reason is because Apple Corps. is a privately held company and the project is being licensed by Disney+ for a limited period. Apple Corps has always functioned in this business model of income generation via shifting units. Also, it was mentioned that the original version is being remastered and released in a physical format. My music sources have mentioned there plans for a boxset release of music as well. No disclosure if it will include the Glyn Johns compiled versions of the Get Back albums.
    Ive been a big fan of the Get Back project back when I was 16 when I bought my first Get Back album bootleg on the TMOQ label. After that I bought as many bootlegs to listen to the sessions and hoping one day it would get released. Glad this day has come and I'm looking forward to this project and seeing what Jackson has pieced together. Highlight for me hoping to see when Ringo brought over Peter Sellers to check out the rehearsals.
    Last edited by SeattleEd; Aug 29, '21, 9:23 AM.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
      Banned
      • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by Mikey
      I think the Select-a-Vision Video Disc was the most recent release of the original Let it BE movie
      They released Let It Be on VHS, Beta, Selectavision, and finally on Laserdisc and then it basically disappeared into the mists of time. The Laserdisc is really good as far a quality goes if you can find a Laserdisc copy without "Laser Rot" I have 2 copies on Laserdisc and recently re-watched them after cleaning them with Isopropyl and they still look decent. As for the movie itself...it's not that the movie wasn't good...it's just really depressing. And the way it was edited together from literally almost 1000 hours of footage....was not the best way to have done it. But back then you couldn't get away with a multi night documentary on TV...and God knows you couldn't get away with a 3 hour movie of a musical group. Even if they were still the biggest band on the earth.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

very true, which is why the film was always considered to document the breakup of the band. which according to what Jackson has been saying, is the furthest thing from the truth when edited properly

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

so the anniversary/deluxe version of the Let it Be Album is finally getting a release, October 15. I really want it but damn that is a steep price, $199 for the vinyl set. guess i'll hold off until next year when the price drops to something more reasonable

Comment

• SeattleEd
            SynthoRes Transmigrator
            • Oct 24, 2007

I non-hesitantly ordered both vinyl and CD. Just for the fact it includes the Glyn Johns Get Back album. That is a holy grail for me. Finally being released. But you can order the vinyl version here for less:

Because of the release of the legendary Get Back album, I went looking for article from the LA Times that got me into collecting Bootlegs when I was 16.
            The_Los_Angeles_Times_Sun__Mar_1__1987_.jpg

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

wow, that's a hell of a lot less. have you ordered from them before? they reputable?

Comment

• SeattleEd
                SynthoRes Transmigrator
                • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                wow, that's a hell of a lot less. have you ordered from them before? they reputable?
                Yes and yes. Found many limited edition colored vinyl copies here at a good price. But the down side is they are on the middle to last in the chain to receive product so it might be delayed. Not by much but you will not get for about a week or two after release date. Works for me since I'm in no hurry. But for the Get Back album I could not wait.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

cool. thanks for the info

Comment

• SeattleEd
                    SynthoRes Transmigrator
                    • Oct 24, 2007

cool. thanks for the info
                    Yup yup. Glad to share!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

thanks again for the info on Popmarket Ed. i placed my pre-order today, even got an additional 10% off for signing up

Comment

• SeattleEd
                        SynthoRes Transmigrator
                        • Oct 24, 2007

thanks again for the info on Popmarket Ed. i placed my pre-order today, even got an additional 10% off for signing up
                        NICE! Wish I did that. I placed my orders through the Beatles website and the next day I found out about Popmarket, I tried to go back to the Beatles website and folks can't cancel their orders. DOH! So I was stuck with the order. Oh well, glad to support the APPLE CORPS since they finally released the GET BACK ALBUM! But happy fans can benefit from the places that they can afford and get their mitts on this great release!

Comment

• SeattleEd
                          SynthoRes Transmigrator
                          • Oct 24, 2007

The remaster and bonus material for Let It Be are awesome. New life into the old tapes. Ecstatic to finally have The Glyn Johns Get Back album in High Res. Life is good!!
                          Bring on the documentary!!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

awesome, i got my shipping notice yesterday so waiting anxiously

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                              Muddling through
                              • Oct 4, 2008

new trailer for the film released this week

Comment

• Mikey
                                Verbose Member
                                • Aug 9, 2001

If the Beatles truly HATED each other at that time I don't think a polished pristine version of Let It Be serves much of a purpose unless you want to show THIS rock band has no flaws .

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎