• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

The Beatles Get Back

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...862cBYXp-RN1FQ

the teaser trailer only wet the appetite but man, i cannot wait to see this. I guess being on Disney + means there will be no Bluray release though but at least it will be on the streaming platform for a good long time
  • rykerw1701
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 27, 2007

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
    https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...862cBYXp-RN1FQ

the teaser trailer only wet the appetite but man, i cannot wait to see this. I guess being on Disney + means there will be no Bluray release though but at least it will be on the streaming platform for a good long time

That's a great read, thanks for posting. One of the few good things to come from COVID from an entertainment point of view, is that this project was expanded from being film length to a longer 6 hour event. I'm sure Disney is going to charge some serious coin to watch it, but I'm in on day one.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

me too. can't wait. even getting to see the entire roof top concert will be amazing, especially if it is as crisp and clean as they are saying it is

Comment

• Type3Toys
        Home Of The Type3 Body
        • Jan 18, 2005

I'm also looking forward to this!
        LOOK
        Action Figure Design & Prototypes
        For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
        To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• Blue Meanie
          Banned
          • Jun 23, 2001

In a way I am happy that it is being extended to a multi part documentary...but part of me wanted to see this in a theater. That being said, I hope that Paul didn't do any mucking about by editing out stuff he didn't like. I had always contended that as long as Paul was still with us, you would never see a re-release of the original Let It Be film. As of now, they still haven't said if they will re-released the original film. It makes Paul look like the pushy producer type that is getting on the others nerves. The one thing I always use as an example is the scene with George during rehearsal and George says "I'll play whatever you want me to play if that pleases you or I won't play anything at all." The preview that Jackson put together last year just made me smile though. I just don't want it all to be that shiny so to speak. Because it wasn't. Also, what a lot of people need to realize is that Let It Be basically is almost 3 albums of material, The White Album / Abbey Road / Let It Be, and a lot of stuff that ended up on the 1st solo albums from 3 of the 4 soon to be ex Beatles. Early outtakes of All Things Must Pass, Jealous Guy, Teddy Boy, Junk and a few other songs. I am just curious about what kind of music package they are going to put together and how much my wallet is gonna hurt when all is said and done

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
            ….. It makes Paul look like the pushy producer type that is getting on the others nerves. ...…
            Very true but in retrospect it's what held the Beatles together post Sgt Pepper.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

Jackson said he was given free reign on this project.
              i also seem to recall when it was first announced, that once the new version is out they were going to release the original film as well

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

Jackson said he was given free reign on this project.
                i also seem to recall when it was first announced, that once the new version is out they were going to release the original film as well
                Being a Beatles-geek, i'm not afraid to admit I thought the original Let it Be movie was boring... Back in the mid-ish 80's I had the video disc and would always FF to the end roof concert

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Mikey
                  Being a Beatles-geek, i'm not afraid to admit I thought the original Let it Be movie was boring... Back in the mid-ish 80's I had the video disc and would always FF to the end roof concert
                  yeah, the original isn't all that great. it's just sought after because there has never been a cleaned up hidef release. i think the last official release was laser disc? or at least VHS

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

i have a bootleg of the original film on DVD that was copied from the VHS so the quality isn't great

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

i have a bootleg of the original film on DVD that was copied from the VHS so the quality isn't great
                      I think the Select-a-Vision Video Disc was the most recent release of the original Let it BE movie

Comment

• toyhunter1970
                        Veteran Member
                        • Feb 24, 2020

yes im very pumped for this

Comment

• apes3978
                          Permanent Member
                          • Nov 19, 2005

On a different forum I look at, some of the folks over there are speculating this new film will *not* be available in any physical format(s), only ever to be seen on streaming platforms...

I'm not sure what to think: It could very well just be a streaming film from the time of its release, but part of me would like to think that since The Beatles still have a dedicated fan-base, most of whom seem to love owning physical product, I would like to think maybe they'd make it available on DVD/Blu-Ray, even if in a limited edition...

Your thoughts?

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

probably not. at least not anytime soon. they already announced the Star Wars and Marvel shows will not be getting home video release. they want to keep this stuff on Disney + to entice people to subscribe

Comment

• apes3978
                              Permanent Member
                              • Nov 19, 2005

probably not. at least not anytime soon. they already announced the Star Wars and Marvel shows will not be getting home video release. they want to keep this stuff on Disney + to entice people to subscribe
                              That's about what I figured... Thanks for the input...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎