Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The Beatles Get Back

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    To me, it seems like John Lennon was a major Azz-hole

He didn't take care of his first son and seemed to destroy the Beatles from the inside.

Talent,.. i'll give him that --- but seemed like a super dick in real life

Paul ? ………. well his history speaks for itself ---- everybody loves him
    It was pretty much Yoko Ono that screwed him up, he went all weird after he met her and I know the other Beatles didn’t like her.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Meanie View Post
    Berto,

Awesome read! Thank you for sharing. Gret info and updates. The technology is here to de-mix audio as used on the recent Hollywood Bowl remixed album. So bring on Revolver and Rubber Soul.

Here is an article on demixing the Hollywood Bowl project.

https://www.wired.com/2017/03/remast...ly-made-great/

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SeattleEd View Post

Good article, thanks for posting. I wondered how they did what they did with this album. Usually when my untrained ear hears remixed albums, I think that all really happened is they increased the volume in certain areas and cleaned up a bit of noise, so the result isn't that maginicent to the casual listener. But with the Hollywood Bowl album, the difference is night and day. It goes from something unlistenable and annoying to a very enjoyable live recording of the Beatles. Something actually new to hear.

Images
    typical USPS, my package was supposed to be delivered yesterday, but wasn't. tracking has no updates in 2 days and the usual message "your package will arrive later than expected but is still en route". I mean it's no wonder the post office is a sinking ship.

Did the package show up?
    I think the USPS varies depending on where you live. I tend to get stuff fast with the exception from states like PA and KY and sometimes FL and SC. Other than that super fast delivery.
    Still enjoying this boxset release. What I never liked about LIB was the tracklisting and same with LIB naked. I do like the Johns Get Back tracklisting but with a project like this, I wanted a progression and build up to the finally of rooftop performance so something that reflected the movie. I've managed to build my version of the Get Back album complete with interstitials to give it a live feel. Pulled from various sources and with some mastering in Adobe Audition and plug ins I've created a version to my liking. Tracks from this boxset made it possible to have higher quality.

Images

Is that the Wink Martinadale Tapes? Man, that was a really bad sounding recording. If someone can fix that then I would say the sky is the limit. Also, if they can fix that...fix the Hamburg tapes.
    "When not too many people can see we're all the same
    And because of all their tears,
    Their eyes can't hope to see
    The beauty that surrounds them
    Isn't it a pity".

- "Isn't It A Pity"
    By George Harrison

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list:
    Good Traders List - Page 80 - Mego Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Meanie View Post
    Is that the Wink Martinadale Tapes? Man, that was a really bad sounding recording. If someone can fix that then I would say the sky is the limit. Also, if they can fix that...fix the Hamburg tapes.
    Roberto,

Actually it was the original Capitol 3 track tapes done by George Martin. It's nuts what they did how good it sounds, I wish they did a version without the screaming but so great to see this technology in my lifetime and I also agree about the Hamburg tapes. Very historical to get those cleaned up and cleared.
    But if you read the article, it's not just a plugin or piece of software that can do this. It actually requires utilizing algorithms that are written for each instrument and sound so it requires a lot of intensive hours and worth the cost. So it is expensive and would require getting money back unless a benefactor is willing to flip the bill for the project. Wish I could because, yes, it's worth it.

Images
    Did the package show up?
    nope. still no update on the tracking since 10/19, which means it sitting on a truck somewhere in limbo. this seems to happen often with the USPS and media mail. they just set it aside until they get to it, which might be this month or might be next month. i really hate the post office anymore. so unreliable

Images
    finally got my set today. this release sounds amazing. i think it is my favorite of the anniversary releases. still have to listen to the Johns mix