Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Hanna-Barbera animated series Jellystone for HBO Max.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RonnyG
    Career Member
    • Apr 23, 2014

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
    Has anyone else tried to watch it?
    I would like to give it a view, but I don't get HBO Max (unless you know of an alternative link).

Comment

• TheXFactor
      Museum Patron
      • Oct 31, 2013

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
      Has anyone else tried to watch it?

It's horrible. Gender-swapped characters because "muh diversity", completely incorrect characterization of every single character used, short attention span jokes/stories for the ADHD crowd- the list goes on and on. Basically, the same exact thing Kevin Smith just did to MOTU. A person who has no understanding, passion, or appreciation for the original characters was asked to "update the property" for modern audiences, and the end results are complete garbage that have nothing to do with what made the original IP stand the test of time in the first place. The same thing has been done to Star Trek, Star Wars, Planet of the Apes, G.I. Joe, Transformers, Battlestar Galactica, and- I suspect- will also happen in the upcoming Micronauts movie (whenever that actually comes out).

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by RonnyG
        I would like to give it a view, but I don't get HBO Max (unless you know of an alternative link).

Comment

• RonnyG
          Career Member
          • Apr 23, 2014

Thanks for the link. I finally watched it (more like, sat through it waiting for it to end). It wasn't funny--or maybe I'm just old. Maybe this is the type of humor kids get off on these days.
          However, I understand now the need to "revamp" the old character designs, because some of the outrageous visual humor they used really wouldn't work with the old school designs.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

I watched less than three episodes. Couldn't stand it.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎