X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Toy-Ventures: Toy Hunt with me!

In this week’s episode of Toy-Ventures, I ask you to Toy Hunt with me as I take a tour of some antique malls and toy stores on my monthly road trip. In this episode I visit three different places on my journey: The One of a Kind Antique Mall (Woodstock, ON) Southworks Antique […]
    The post Toy-Ventures: Toy Hunt with me! appeared first on PS.

More...
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

That was a fun tour. You know its not every day when you see MPC Star Wars Model kits of C3P0 and R2D2 in the wild like that. Antique malls are so much fun when we visit them in other towns. This was a fun experience. I hope you make more of these. Hits all the right collector vibes in me. Nice work!

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Some nice Joes/AT stuff, too.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• RonnyG
        Career Member
        • Apr 23, 2014

My Mom lives near Pigeon Forge, TN, and every year when I go to visit her, I always hit all the antique malls in the area. There's about 10 of them. I just love walking around and looking at all the collectibles in person instead of a picture on the internet. I usually see the same old stuff every year. Hardly anything sells because everything is usually overpriced. I know I can get it cheaper on ebay. I realize the dealers have to pay rental fees for space in the shop so that's probably the main reason for the high prices. Nevertheless, there's always the "thrill of the hunt" thinking you might find something you want at a price you can afford. Before ebay and the internet, antique malls, thrift stores, and yard sales were practically the only way I found antique toys.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

More of this Brian, please! I saw tons of stuff I have never seen in the wild, like that Zorro lunch box. I would be tempted by that, if the price wasn't insane.

My Mom lives near Pigeon Forge, TN, and every year when I go to visit her, I always hit all the antique malls in the area. There's about 10 of them. I just love walking around and looking at all the collectibles in person instead of a picture on the internet. I usually see the same old stuff every year. Hardly anything sells because everything is usually overpriced. I know I can get it cheaper on ebay. I realize the dealers have to pay rental fees for space in the shop so that's probably the main reason for the high prices. Nevertheless, there's always the "thrill of the hunt" thinking you might find something you want at a price you can afford. Before ebay and the internet, antique malls, thrift stores, and yard sales were practically the only way I found antique toys.
          We used to go down to the Pigeon Forge area every year for vacation, so I know what you mean. We still drop in every couple of years, and we do buy one or two items, but they are generally overpriced for sure. I did get a nice minty Gabriel Lone Ranger in his box for a great price about 20 years ago, though!

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎