Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smallville animated sequel with Welling and Rosenbaum?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Smallville animated sequel with Welling and Rosenbaum?

Superman Homepage is reporting Tom Welling has stated through cameo he and Michael Rosenbaum are working on a Smallville animated sequel.

Tom Welling has revealed that he and Michael Rosenbaum are working on a “Smallville” sequel in animated form. Welling made the revelation via a Cameo video saying, "Michael Rosenbaum and I are actually working on an animated series to bring those characters back to life, and use as many of the original cast members as

I would totally be down for a Superman series using the Smallville cast's voices. Let's hope something comes of this!

Chris
    sigpic
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

This is friggin amazing!! I loved the Adam West animated revival.

Smallville was our family show during covid and we watched every season (almost one a day) throughout the last year. We're struggling to find our next family show given the ages of my children.

The show is very popular in my house and a cartoon would go over big. Thanks for sharing Chris!
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

My pleasure Jason. We watched Smallville in real time on WB/CW, and my son grew up on it. There were a few seasons I was somewhat disappointed in, but overall we all enjoyed it, and those versions of the characters still resonate. Rosenbaum is probably the best live-action Lex Luthor. Now, I love my Gene Hackman, but for a nuanced, believable performance, it's hard to beat Rosenbaum.

My family is really enjoying Superman and Lois. Other than all the underaged drinking. We're catching up on the new episodes that have been airing since it came back in May.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Makernaut
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 22, 2015

"Smallville" was family thing for me, too. My niece and I would go to Best Buy or Walmart after Thanksgiving when they would have the DVDs for $9.99 a season and watch them over school breaks. I enjoyed the show well-enough, but really got a kick out of how much she loved it. Glad to see they have some more stories to tell.

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          Rosenbaum is probably the best live-action Lex Luthor. Now, I love my Gene Hackman, but for a nuanced, believable performance, it's hard to beat Rosenbaum.
          Totally agree. It is really surprising to me that Rosenbaum didn't find more post-Smallville acting success.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

wonder if they will use the Crisis reveal that Clark gave up his powers, or if they will ignore that altogether. maybe the animated series takes place before he gives them up to have a family?

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by sprytel
              Totally agree. It is really surprising to me that Rosenbaum didn't find more post-Smallville acting success.
              He had some serious mental health issues, he has a really great podcast about that very issue.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

i had never heard that he had issues. glad to hear he has gotten it under control. i know he has done a lot of voice work for cartoons over the years so that must at least keep the lights on

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎