X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

NECA Chaney Wolf Man revealed

Looks pretty impressive, but I will admit I generally like my Wolf Man's face more brownish. The thick "mustache" is throwing me just a bit. But other than that, I like it. Reminds me of an upscale version of the Jakks Pacific version from a decade ago, especially the swappable Larry Talbot parts.

NECA has released photos and details for their second Universal Monsters figure. The highly anticipated The Wolf Man Ultimate 7" Scale Figure (Color Version) has been revealed, and the product page is now live. The figure is based on the iconic 1941 film of the same name. It includes swap out pieces to display the...

Chris
    sigpic
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

I am drooling over here...

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      Reminds me of an upscale version of the Jakks Pacific version from a decade ago, especially the swappable Larry Talbot parts.
      Those were really underrated figures. I'm still disappointed we didn't get the second series with the Creature.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

so Neca can use Chaney's likeness but Mego can't? Yeah the paints on the werewolf head suck, the nose gives me a Hitler 'stache vibe on first glance.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

^I will never understand the tangled mess that is the UM license, and when they can and cannot use actor's licenses. I'm not sure anyone does, although many profess to. I understand you have to license Chaney's likeness separately...but Mego HAD that license anyway. THEN they got the Universal license...so why no actual Chaney Wolf Man?

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

^I will never understand the tangled mess that is the UM license, and when they can and cannot use actor's licenses. I'm not sure anyone does, although many profess to. I understand you have to license Chaney's likeness separately...but Mego HAD that license anyway. THEN they got the Universal license...so why no actual Chaney Wolf Man?

Chris
            I was assuming they let the Chaney and Lugosi rights expire instead of keeping them to use the likenesses for the Universal stuff. Thus generic looking Dracula 14 inch. I don't get why you'd want to shoot yourself in the foot and deliver a sorta kinda if you squint Wolfman or Drac.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Don't care for this at all.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                Still Old School
                • Feb 14, 2008

I’m hoping we see a Lon Chaney head sculpt from Mego! I want that so bad
                Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• enyawd72
                  Maker of Monsters!
                  • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  Don't care for this at all.
                  That's just a bad photo...the likeness is spot on.

Last edited by enyawd72; Jun 22, '21, 8:08 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Don't like it, just my preference.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 11, 2013

I so need a Lon Chaney head but not this version.
                      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

That's just a bad photo...the likeness is spot on.
                        Yeah, the "mustache" is less severe in the "action shots". If it bothers me enough, I will paint over it. I rarely do that with toys I buy, but the rest of the figure is great, and I don't want one little paint detail to become a deal breaker.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• ODBJBG
                          Permanent Member
                          • May 15, 2009

Yeah this is pretty rough. Looks like the sculpt may be there, but the paint is a mess. Hopefully can be fixed before release.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

From the Universal Monster Army board, the sculpts are fantastic. The paints are throwing it off.

Now this actual color photo is from House of Dracula, I believe, and the makeup changed over time, but I have never been a big fan of the "pale" face on the Wolf Man. Brown looks better.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

From the Universal Monster Army board, the sculpts are fantastic. The paints are throwing it off.
                              The jaundice skin color and moustache are really killing that sculpt.
                              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎