X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Lego 66 Batmobile compariison

For Father's Day, my daughter gifted me the new but incredibly hard-to-find Lego Batman Classic TV Series Batmobile, so I thought I would share some pics to show the differences between it and the Batmobile that came with the Classic TV Series Batcave from a few years back.

Overall, the new Batmobile is sleeker and the "Lego" aspect of it is a bit less obvious. It is missing a few of the details (Bat-turn lever, etc) that the original had, but it adds the parachute packs in the back, and the front is much more accurate. A glaring mistake on the original was only two exhaust pipes. This one comes with three, thankfully. You can build the front with shooters on the new one too, but I went the alternate, more show-accurate design. As you can see the new one is slightly shorter.

New version up top, original on the bottom

Original on left, new version on right

The Batman mini-fig is more noticeably different than the Joker. The new Batman has a paler skin tone, and the gray of hist tights are lighter. There are subtle print differences around the ribs, etc. The Joker would be hard to distinguish at first glance, but there is a line running down the back of the jacket on the new one. Sorry I didn't snap a picture of that. There are a few other minor details, and the two faces are a bit different on both Batman and Joker (you can turn the heads around for different expressions, like many Lego mini-figs.

Originals on left, new versions on right

Overall, I'm very happy to have this set. It was funny building it with my daughter, who is a HUGE Lego enthusiast and collector, and the differences between the two cars is enough for me to warrant buying this if it wasn't a gift. For $30, you can't go wrong!

Chris
    sigpic
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Congratulations! I didn't realize Lego is doing Batman '66 sets. The hint of Romero's mustache? Awesome.

Can you imagine if they did the Black Beauty with the Green Hornet & Kato? I think fans would go crazy.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Neat! The new one is really nice. Thanks for the pics.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

I really like these, thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Klosterheim
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 23, 2013

The new one has really good upgrades.

It looks more like the original car.

Very nice.

Comment

• Mego Newbie14
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 25, 2018

This is a really fun set. Got it a few weeks ago. My only nitpick and what seems to be a lot of people's is no Robin minifig.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, that was a really odd omission, and the first thing I complained about when my daughter showed me leaked images of the set. Batman was NEVER without Robin in the comics or classic TV series of the time, and was always on merchandise up until 1989.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• Mego Newbie14
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 25, 2018

Hopefully Lego will see the demand for this set and make more. I'd go for a medium size building that I could have Batman and Robin climbing on the side of.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

^They could put out a set of the United Underworld HQ from the Batman 66 film, and include some of the main villains, Robin and Bruce Wayne in a tuxedo. And of course, Batman with a bomb!

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎