• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Operation:Mego
    I'm the Star Spangled Man
    • May 21, 2011

Picard Season 2 TEASERS

sigpic
    The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.
    • May 21, 2011

sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

sucks that we have to wait until next year for it but I am looking forward to it

Comment

• May 21, 2011

"[I’m] a little bit of a different Q this time. A little more age-appropriate, what can I say? It’s been a long time since I put on that hat as it were…It’s going to be a different Q as well as it should. It’s not quite octogenarian Q, but time has gone by. So, it will be a different Q. Other than I am still there to annoy Jean-Luc as much as I can. And I think I do it pretty well."
        - John de Lancie
        sigpic

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Can’t wait! I loved season one of Picard. It’s a MILLION times better than Discovery, that’s for damn sure.
          sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

John De Lancie has revealed he’s worked with both Brett Spiner and Jonathan Frakes on the show.
            sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

^He's going to be known as the Tom Holland or Mark Ruffalo of the Trek-Verse.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                ^He's going to be known as the Tom Holland or Mark Ruffalo of the Trek-Verse.

Chris
                Other than specific show spoilers, he's answering pretty much anything (on his Cameo account). Like how Q will appear in 6 episodes and S2 and 3 will be shot back to back.
                sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

thoughts so far on S2? I am loving it. I think they explained Q aging very well. Could have done without Whoopie in it, though if that is the extent of her role it is okay. they even mention why she looks older too.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 27, 2010

So there's the TOS and TNG series universe, the J Abrahms NuTrek universe so is Discovery a third universe? I saw they cast a james t kirk for the second season of strange new worlds. I am way behind on watching the new trek shows. I don't have Paramount so I buy DVD seasons.

Comment

• KnightDetective
                      Veteran Member
                      • Aug 31, 2012

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                      So there's the TOS and TNG series universe, the J Abrahms NuTrek universe so is Discovery a third universe?
                      I think so. Just a personal "head canon" thing, but I've come to link the events of ST: First Contact to the creation of an alternate universe in which ST: Enterprise takes place, which leads to Discovery, Strange New Worlds and a somewhat altered (unseen) version of TNG that leads to the events of the Picard show. Retcon of a retcon to be sure, but there are very few things you have to ignore to make it work. Also has the benefit of leaving the classic TOS timeline separate and untainted. Sometimes I feel all of the TNG movies from Generations on could already be in that alternate universe. Would explain a lot of inconsistencies. Again, nothing official, just helps me to not holler at the screen because they changed something and "ruined my childhood"! Admittedly, I could be overthinking this!

Don't get me started on Classic vs. New Who...

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                        So there's the TOS and TNG series universe, the J Abrahms NuTrek universe so is Discovery a third universe? I saw they cast a james t kirk for the second season of strange new worlds. I am way behind on watching the new trek shows. I don't have Paramount so I buy DVD seasons.
                        no, it's TOS universe. Trek has always had inconsistency. even in the original 3 seasons of the show. i try not to over think these things and just enjoy them for what they are. Discovery is all about identity politics, but the story lines are entertaining enough for me to keep watching even though the politics annoys the hell out of me. It'll be interesting to see how exactly they write Kirk in, maybe Strange New Worlds will act as a pilot for a new show with Kirk and crew on the original 5 year mission. sort of how Discovery did that for Pike and crew

Comment

• KnightDetective
                          Veteran Member
                          • Aug 31, 2012

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                          i try not to over think these things and just enjoy them for what they are. Discovery is all about identity politics, but the story lines are entertaining enough for me to keep watching even though the politics annoys the hell out of me.
                          That's a healthier attitude, I'm sure, than what I described above. They're just tv shows, after all.

I bailed on Discovery long ago. Despite some good elements, it just didn't hold me. Too dark, unpleasant and ham-fistedly political for me. The writing, at times, put me in mind of an Afterschool Special or a big budget CW show. (Burnham seemed like the Trek equivalent of Rey from new Star Wars. Unbelievably lucky and gifted with industrial strength plot armor.) Has it changed at all? Maybe I'll revisit it someday with a different mindset. Hoping that Strange New Worlds holds more appeal for me. I do enjoy Lower Decks and I didn't expect to! That was a pleasant surprise!

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                            valar morghulis
                            • Mar 8, 2005

Paramount announced today that the entire TNG cast will reunite for S3 of Picard (which has already finished shooting)..

Comment

• sprytel
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Sideshow Spock
                              Paramount announced today that the entire TNG cast will reunite for S3 of Picard (which has already finished shooting)..

Exciting stuff. I hope they also include Wil Wheaton in some capacity. (I know they use him for the chat show stuff, but I mean as Wesley Crusher.)

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎