X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddgaff1132
    Persistent Member
    • Oct 3, 2007

Odd Action Jackson outfit.

Hello, So not too long ago I got this outfit in a eBay lot. (Red Jumpsuit, and Helmet.) At first I thought it was a Dyed suit and spray-painted helmet. When it arrived, I looked it over and began to question my opinion. The suit looks to good to be an at home dye job and may even be actual fabric color. The helmet also look too good to be an at home spray paint job.
    RED-AJ.jpg

RED-AJ (1).jpg

RED-AJ (2).jpg

RED-AJ (3).jpg

The jumpsuit color looks too vibrant to be a home dye job and whom ever painted the helmet did a perfect professional job.
    So what do you think? Was there an Action Jackson outfit in red like this? I'd Love to know.
    Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
    MEGO MOTORS
  • ODBJBG
    Permanent Member
    • May 15, 2009

No idea about the suit, but the helmet is just a paint job. Nice, but not factory.

Comment

• Confessional
      Maker & Whatnot
      • Aug 8, 2012

Sorta custom version of the Amigo jumpsuit. What color is the zipper lining? If it the same color of red, I'd say dye-job.

… where's Kev?

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Any tags inside the suit?
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• ddgaff1132
          Persistent Member
          • Oct 3, 2007

Originally posted by Confessional
          Sorta custom version of the Amigo jumpsuit. What color is the zipper lining? If it the same color of red, I'd say dye-job.

… where's Kev?
          Yep zipper lining is red. Also checked inside and found an AJ / Mego tage and it too is red. So dye job would be true. Man wish I could get a dye job to turn out this well! The helmet still is a puzzle. Found this in the AJ Knock-Off section here in the Museum.

"Big Bill remains a bit of a mystery, his plain white box (with the words “Big Bill” written on it in bold letters) suggest that he was catalog item. This generic 8″ AJ clone came with a number of accessories such as a rocket launcher, several rifles, changes of clothing and a red helmet that is marked Mego inside (that helmet got around!)"

The Helmet I have here is marked "HONG KONG" inside not MEGO. I wish I could get better pics of it. If this was an at home spray paint job, its the best I've ever seen. Also considering that the original was probably green, They would have to remove the base color (green) to gey the thin even coat this thing has and I do not know if thats possible with a plastic helmet.
          MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• ddgaff1132
            Persistent Member
            • Oct 3, 2007

Oh and one last thing...
            Here's a picture of Red suit zipper.
            IMG_0329.jpg

And here is a pic of My AJ pilot. It like my other zipper suited AJ's has this double diamond imprint. Just wanted to point this out as it maybe interesting and also denote Time or factory in which certain suits were made. I'm sure Brian could probably set this riddle straight
            IMG_0330.jpg
            MEGO MOTORS

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎