• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddgaff1132
    Persistent Member
    • Oct 3, 2007

Pardon me while I vent.

Hello,
    So as of late I've been on a new work schedule. Four 10 hrs. days with OT on weekends. This week there was no OT so I was looking to 3 days off in a row! I had placed an BIG order with Figures Inc. and was all set to get into some heavy Mego Customizing. Last week, the tracking showed package was at my apartment, but when I arrived,,, Nothing. Tracking shows "No Delivery Scan". This usually means the carrier did not use the passkey to enter my secured building and did not deliver the box. So I contact USPS and wait. They send me an e-mail stating more or less that the carrier left the package outside of my secure building and its not their fault my property got stolen.

So who else here got PORCH PIRATED???
    Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
    MEGO MOTORS
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

that sucks. i hate thieves. scumbags

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

In my neighborhood, practically everyday I see people getting packages and boxes delivered to their homes. It’s either UPS or FedEx or Amazon, the driver tosses the package or box on the front steps, takes a picture of it and then drives away. Sometimes the people aren’t home or they are home and did not hear the truck drive up, the driver should at least ring the doorbell to let the person know to come to the front door or at least look out their window and see the delivery truck. If the person is not home or doesn’t come to the door, the delivery driver should at least leave the item at the back door, so it can’t be seen by the public.

With the post office and delivery companies, all they have to do is drop the package off at the address on the label, they take a picture of the item that also gives the time of delivery proving it was delivered and it’s now out of there hands, so if it’s stolen their not responsible. Unless the item needs a signature and if the person is not home, the driver takes back the package and leaves a note.

I guess these drivers are on a tight schedule and pressed for time, ringing a doorbell or bringing a package/box to the back door takes to long, it’s just plain laziness, an extra 10-20 seconds could possibly save the customer grief and aggravation.

In your case, if your building is supposed to be secure, and the mail carrier didn’t have a pass key (he should have if he delivers there) then he should have taken it back to the post office and left a note stating your item is at the P.O. for pick up. Then it’s your responsibility to go to the P.O. to pick it up.

The mail carrier was irresponsible and just didn’t feel like leaving a note and returning it to the P.O. so now your package was stolen, possibly by another tenant? and your out the money you spent, that really sucks big time. I think USPS (is) responsible for leaving your package OUTSIDE the secure building, the carrier was just plain lazy and didn’t want to be bothered leaving a note and bringing it back to the post office.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by ddgaff1132
        Hello,
        So as of late I've been on a new work schedule. Four 10 hrs. days with OT on weekends. This week there was no OT so I was looking to 3 days off in a row! I had placed an BIG order with Figures Inc. and was all set to get into some heavy Mego Customizing. Last week, the tracking showed package was at my apartment, but when I arrived,,, Nothing. Tracking shows "No Delivery Scan". This usually means the carrier did not use the passkey to enter my secured building and did not deliver the box. So I contact USPS and wait. They send me an e-mail stating more or less that the carrier left the package outside of my secure building and its not their fault my property got stolen.

So who else here got PORCH PIRATED???
        I'd raise a stink with the post master or whomever at the post office and tell them you want compensation.

Comment

• RonnyG
          Career Member
          • Apr 23, 2014

This is what I saw when I went to check my mailbox today, and I was reminded of this thread. About 2 dozen amazon packages scattered about. The amazon delivery person just dumped these all outside the mailbox area. I live in a large apartment building with over 200 units. Our mailboxes are outside in the courtyard. During the day, the gate is open and unlocked. Any thief could walk inside the courtyard area and grab a package. Most of the time the carrier delivers the packages at your door, but it looks like this particular carrier couldn't be bothered to do that. Luckily, none of these packages are mine. I guess its up to the tenants to check their tracking to see if their package arrived today.
          IMG_20210617_161834.jpg

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by RonnyG
            This is what I saw when I went to check my mailbox today, and I was reminded of this thread. About 2 dozen amazon packages scattered about. The amazon delivery person just dumped these all outside the mailbox area. I live in a large apartment building with over 200 units. Our mailboxes are outside in the courtyard. During the day, the gate is open and unlocked. Any thief could walk inside the courtyard area and grab a package. Most of the time the carrier delivers the packages at your door, but it looks like this particular carrier couldn't be bothered to do that. Luckily, none of these packages are mine. I guess its up to the tenants to check their tracking to see if their package arrived today.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]30973[/ATTACH]
            Looks like Christmas to a thief, I'd imagine.

Comment

• ToyTalk
              Career Member
              • Mar 25, 2020

Reading these kinds of stories upsets my stomach. Too work hard, spend your money, only to have the product stolen by someone that doesn't care about you or anyone else other than themselves.
              Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• monitor_ep
                Talkative Member
                • May 11, 2013

I ordered a small Barbie that states it was delivered to my address but it never was. It was small enough to fit in my mailbox so somebody else got it in and opened it. This is the second time this has happened. The first time I keep going to the PO with the tracking number and they finally found it.
                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                  Career Member
                  • Jul 23, 2019

I have experienced something similar in the past as well… you should see if your local post office has a service that allows you to retrieve your packages directly from them. It’s sort of like having a PO Box but you receive an email whenever a package arrives, you go in, they scan the email and give you your package.
                  "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

The USPS is a joke and a complete disgrace at this point. they constantly lose packages too.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

I had one bad experience with the post office (foreign shipping) during the pandemic, but I live in a rural area and my domestic service overall has been great for years.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
                        learning all the time
                        • Sep 15, 2010

I live in a rural area and have since day one stated my preference with usps to NEVER leave a package that is too big for my mailbox.
                        of course this hasn't completely solved the issue as some rural route carriers aren't worth the time it took me to type this sentence but overall I have no complaints.
                        I absolutely despise fedex for anything other than international or overnight. ups is way better in my experience for residential delivery.
                        but yes, people are thieves and scu&%ags.
                        you could buy one of those doorbell cameras but they can be hacked and your privacy may become an issue.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

It's interesting that you mention FedEx--I've had concerns with them, too.
                          Last edited by PNGwynne; Jun 26, '21, 10:38 AM.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by C.H.O.A.M.
                            you could buy one of those doorbell cameras but they can be hacked and your privacy may become an issue.
                            there's 2 factor authentication to prevent that, you just have to set your settings to do it. of course that does not help him if they leave it outside his building

Comment

• darkbros
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 3, 2012

Best things I have found to do:

When I lived in an Apartment: Have the packages delivered to one of those Mail Box Etc type places where its a SUITE versus a PO Box.
                              Lots of years of ebay when the sellers refused to send to PO Boxes becasue Paypal wouldn't verify them.
                              but an address that ready "134 Anywhere St., Suite 204B" worked like a charm.

Now living in a house:
                              I have one of those Outside Storage Boxes, the ones for outddoor pillows, and chair covers.
                              Have it secured to the railing on my porch.
                              Have a sign posted on door and mailbox that says "All Mail over 13oz goes in the Big Brown Box".
                              I have a Ring Camera that snapshots when motion is detected, and I've had it out with my Postmaster
                              as well as Amazon Logistics and FedEx Logistics so that my permanent delivery instructions are
                              "Put packages in Brown box, notify the customer at this phone number via txt"
                              it took 3 to 6 months, but hey, I get all my packages and I get all my texts
                              ( it helps to also to be persistent, and work your way up the chain as need be).
                              Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                              https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                              "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎