Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playmobil HUGE Star Trek 66 Enterprise playset.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Playmobil HUGE Star Trek 66 Enterprise playset.

This thing is awesome. But not surprisingly comes with a hefty $500 price tag.

$500 Playmobil 70548 Star Trek U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 Playset Coming In September
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • ODBJBG
    Permanent Member
    • May 15, 2009

Really nice, but even by Playmobil standards that's way overpriced. $150 is the sweet spot for stuff like this.

The Delorean cost $35 with light and sounds, two figures, etc. Is this really 15x that in value?

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

That is a super cool set, and great for original series Trek collectors, but I am in the camp of surprised at that hefty of a price tag. I suppose they are after the LEGO fans that see that type of expense with the high end (and 5000+ pieces) sets from that company. It is interesting to see Playmobil branch out into licensed properties, and they make fantastic sculpts for their vehicles and non-human items. The figures themselves are pretty hard to tell apart aside from the hair that is clipped on them; even more so than LEGO minifigures. It will be interesting to see where this goes.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, I think Playmobil underestimates the "project" aspect of Lego. A huge Lego set means hours of work, fun work if you are into Lego (and if you aren't you wouldn't buy it in the first place). Then at the end you have a massive set you can display and say "Hey, I (or we) built that!" Playmobil doesn't have that modular component, so you are essentially paying for a very expensive, very large, mostly pre-assembled play set, with minimalistic action figures. And I agree the Lego mini-figure format has evolved to include a lot more character than the standard Playmobile figure.

It does seem overpriced by at least $200 to me. Still it looks really fun, I just wish it were more affordable.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• ToyTalk
          Career Member
          • Mar 25, 2020

Playmobile has clearly aimed this at the collectors and they overestimated what collectors will pay. For $500 I would expect something more like the Deathstar. Given that the toy is pretty much all put together for you, this should go for $75-100.
          Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

It’s pretty neat, but at $500 it’s an easy pass, now if it came with a Bird of Prey and some Romulans, and Klingon Cruiser and Klingons, then I’ll sit at the bargaining table.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Love the ship, hate the figures!

Comment

• monitor_ep
                Talkative Member
                • May 11, 2013

this set should be significantly cheaper in 2022 on playmobils site and amazon when it releases in the US officially. looks like ee is importing it direct from germany and selling it in the US months before anyone else which is why they're selling it for $500 with a sept release. they haven't listed the A-Team van set which is gonna be $50 next year but all the uk sites got it for $100 to pre-order. playmobil always releases in europe 1st, with the exception being those old tru exclusives that were basically just repaints anyway. this is a smart move for ee though, they'll sell this at that price.
                So if you want this hang on till it pops up on https://www.playmobil.us/
                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡