• Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
    Lords of Power Mer-Man looks fantastic.
    I agree--really, really like it!
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      ...Faker looks great too. I always liked that character. Bizarro He-Man...what's not to love?

Chris
      Exactly, love Faker. I shelled out for his convention set, too.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Fisto vintage vs Origins.

muofisto.JPG

Pretty much a spot on update just with the usual brighter Origins colors. Doesn't have the punching action feature.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

I forgot to mention it looks like there might be a running change on the series 5 card backs. He-Man and Skeletor are being refreshed in series 5 with the retro heads from the Battle Armor figures and full power swords. My Evil Lyn's card back has the original series 1 heads on He-Man and Skeletor in the cross sell illustration. The rest have updated artwork with the retro heads.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Bruce Banner
            HULK SMASH!
            • Apr 3, 2010

Saw the wave in-store today.
            The Lords of Power Mer-Man has a cool "LOP" logo sticker on the bubble.
            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Just received Wave 5. Excellent! I wish Fisto featured chrome, but the Evil-Lyn variant is good compensation. LOP Mer-Man is wonderful.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 27, 2010

yeah got wave five a few days ago, the lop sticker on merman is cool and really like the more silver shine on fisto's armor.

Comment

• jacoblb
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 7, 2009

I too received my wave 5. So why was Evil-Lyn painted different in a later wave? Was it never the plan to have her Lego yellow from the beginning?
                  Also, I am seeing the Landshark for pre-order but lots of people on Youtube have one already. I want one. Is it exclusive? Should I bother to pre-order from EE or BBTS or will Wal-mart and Target have it?
                  I'm still really happy with all my Origins figures overall. I mean, they're really close to how the original figures look. As someone who never got into the Classics series but definitely wanted to this is as good as it gets.
                  I kind of wish She-Ra got a pseudo Man-At-Arms make-over with accessories we can attach to her. I would like something that looks closer to the Classics Filmation figure.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

It's Evil-Lyn's 'toon colors, love it.

Totally agree about She-Ra, and also that was my Classics vs. Origins experience, too.
                    Last edited by PNGwynne; Jul 28, '21, 6:34 PM.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Landshark has been out for several months. It's not an exclusive. I got mine from amazon. I posted pics back in March.

http://megomuseum.com/community/show...rk!-Land-Shark!

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Series 5 Evil-Lyn and series 1 Teela are being found with the improved sculpted female knees.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

Man, these running changes are going to drive collectors nuts from here to eternity, especially considering how scarce most of these figures are.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• RonnyG
                            Career Member
                            • Apr 23, 2014

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                            Man, these running changes are going to drive collectors nuts from here to eternity, especially considering how scarce most of these figures are.

Chris
                            I'm glad I decided not to go down this rabbit hole. So many different variations! Anyone keeping a running tally of how many Origins figures released to date?

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

The knee flap design for the female figures has been a complaint since the line started. I'm actually happy to see Mattel is listening and fixing stuff.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

Ughhhhhh..... but of course those knees bothered me.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎