X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

I wonder if some folks who forked over the cash for the Classics Grayskull are now like "Aw, man...". ;-)
    I don't really regret it. But I also probably wouldn't have invested as much in Classics if I knew Origins was coming in a few years. It did make passing on Super7's Snake Mountain really easy.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• ODBJBG
      Permanent Member
      • May 15, 2009

The Origins line is the best toy line any company has done in ages.

Origins CG is great. I love my Classics CG and it scales better with the Origins figures, but the new Origins CG is a fantastic piece too.

Comment

• Klosterheim
        Persistent Member
        • Mar 23, 2013

That's really cool.

They also evened out the skull part, tried to have everything more balanced, I noticed.

I still would like the original best, but the new one is well made, and fun.

Plus it would make a great present,

a gift, especially for those who never experienced the feel of 1980's playsets.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

There's a running change on series 3 She-Ra. Much better face paint. Thinner eyebrows and better painted eyes with lashes and highlights.

First release versus new release.

muosheraface.JPG
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Dang I want one of those!
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              Dang I want one of those!
              The new one is a huge improvement.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Looking on ebay...
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  Looking on ebay...
                  I don't think sellers know the difference. I'm not sure if the change is widely know yet. I've seen no youtube reviews. Looks like You have to just search for Origins She-Ra and check auction by auction to see if the seller has the updated figure.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Found one. Now if only Stratos would get a color-shift variant .

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Buzzsaw Hordak vintage vs Origins.

muobuzzhordak.JPG

There was a running change on the face paint on Buzzsaw Hordak as pointed out by enyawd72 in this thread:

http://megomuseum.com/community/show...-variant-found!

The one I have is what I believe is the final corrected version with the large red eyes and gray highlights on his face which matches the vintage Hordak figures. I absolutely love the extra smiling head the Origins figure comes with. That is going to be my default Hordak head. The action features works just like the vintage figure. You push down on the lever that the cape is attached to. The buzz saw action feature works very well and fires with a surprising amount of force. Far more than I would have expected for a modern toy and even shoots farther than the vintage one. You do have to have the chest panel open for it to work, though. The action feature is well hidden and there is a barely noticeable difference between the sculpt of the standard Hordak in comparison to the very bulky torso of the vintage figure.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

^I now regret passing up Buzzsaw Hordak at Target this weekend. With all the Megos I just ordered, I thought I had better mind my budget. He looks great.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Faker vintage soft head, commemorative and Origins.

The commemorative figure has very dark orange armor and sword. Has the same slightly off head sculpt issue as the commemorative He-Man. They also forgot to give him his robot chest sticker.

Origins Faker comes with the vintage style head and full power sword! The robot chest panel is no longer a sticker and is now painted on. I've always liked Faker and the brighter colors on the new one really pop. Great looking figure.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Werewolf; Jun 30, '21, 1:35 AM.

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Origins wave 3 vintage toy Mer-Man vs new Lords of Power/early mini comics Mer-Man.

muolopmerman.JPG
                            Last edited by Werewolf; Jun 30, '21, 1:41 AM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

I'm going to have to get that Mer-Man. I've wanted a figure like that for nearly 40 years. Faker looks great too. I always liked that character. Bizarro He-Man...what's not to love?

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                                HULK SMASH!
                                • Apr 3, 2010

Lords of Power Mer-Man looks fantastic.
                                PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰