Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Origins series 5 comparison pics.

Images

MOTU Origins series 5 comparison pics.

2002 Evil-Lyn, Origins 2002 homage and series 1 Origins Evil-Lyn.

muoevillyn2.JPG

I think the new purple Lyn actually works better as a Filmation stand in.
    Last edited by Werewolf; Jun 16, '21 at 9:14 AM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Images
    Keldor and Kronis 2 pack.

muokeldor.JPG

Super nice bonus mini comic Skeletor head will inset jeweled eyes.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Images
    Sorceress with Origins Temple of Darkness Sorceress from the Castle Grayskull playset.

muosorceress1.JPG

The original Sorceress figure didn't stand well even when brand new because of the heavy back pack which hid the pop out wings action feature. The Origins figure has articulated wings but lacks the spring out action feature. The wings are really well done. The translucent plastic is lovely, the sculpt is very clean and the joints are nicely hidden. The MOTUC Sorceress, in comparison, had very bulky, poorly hidden and designed wing joints.
    Last edited by Werewolf; Jun 16, '21 at 9:20 AM.

Images
    Blog Entries
    I just don't understand Kronis, I think his other design is much better. I like Evil-Lyn, though.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    I just don't understand Kronis, I think his other design is much better. I like Evil-Lyn, though.
    I'm not a big fan of all the retcons of the characters back stories or giving them "real names." I like Trap Jaw better as just a monster and I know it was very vaguely hinted at in the Search for Keldor mini comic, I still prefer the original backstory of Skeletor as a demon from another dimension. Skeletor being Adam's uncle is way too Star Warsy I am your father kinda thing, to me.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Yes, but i was referring to Kronis' original lime-green version.

I do like Keldor, l but I agree it's very pat.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    Congratulations on getting that Keldor/Kronis 2-pack. Apparently it would be easier to find the Ark of the Covenant.

Keldor is cool, but yeah, the whole uncle thing is a bit much.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post
    Congratulations on getting that Keldor/Kronis 2-pack. Apparently it would be easier to find the Ark of the Covenant.
    Thanks lucked out and found one on the shelves at Target. From what I've read they are starting to show up more. The hardest thing for me to find has been the flocked Panthor.

Keldor is one of the most derivative, poorly written and conceived ideas in all of fandom. Feels like some goofy fanboy wrote it. It's so bad I'm almost shocked that Neitlich didn't come up with it! Made even worse by the fact that if you actually follow the "canon" as it were, not only is Keldor made out to be sympathetic, but the entire concept makes pretty much everyone in Eternia out to be a racist bad guy.

I know Keldor was an original mini comic, but it was all so fun and shrouded in mystery, we have no idea what he looked like or what he was doing beyond being Randor's brother. I like to think they probably had something way cooler in mind than what became the story. Especially since they already had an origin for Skeletor that wouldn't jive with him being Keldor.

I still want that 2 pack though!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post

Keldor is cool, but yeah, the whole uncle thing is a bit much.

Chris
    i found one at Target like a week ago. Still haven't seen Scareglow yet.