X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Romulan Commander re-carded fix

This is a very simple alteration to more accurately represent the Romulan Commander as he should have been packaged. He shouldn't have a helmet. I don't think he wore one on the show, and doesn't have one on the back of the package. If you ask me, he looks far superior this way. Again, carded to look factory released.

• The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Nice! Totally agree...since the sculpt was based on Mark Lenard, he definitely did not wear a Helmut on that episode.
    sigpic

Comment

• battmasterson
      Career Member
      • Dec 22, 2010

Very nice. I have often thought about making this figure an alternate version of Spock, since Mark Lenard auditioned for the role. It would go great with a Lloyd Bridges version of the captain.

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Simple solution to a simple problem, I think I’ll do the same to my sealed Romulan Commander.

I just need to know how you were able to open it up and resealed without tearing or creasing the card?
        I’m guessing you carefully opened the top and popped off the helmet then resealed?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by TrekStar
          Simple solution to a simple problem, I think I’ll do the same to my sealed Romulan Commander.

I just need to know how you were able to open it up and resealed without tearing or creasing the card?
          I’m guessing you carefully opened the top and popped off the helmet then resealed?
          I kind of open it like a book? I open three sides. My process is kind of complicated to explain. Maybe some day I'll make a video or something to show my method. It took a long time and a lot of practice to get the method I have. I have opened an awful lot of Mego figures since they came back. Sometimes I do destroy a card trying to open it nicely.

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

I’m guessing you carefully open the top, right side and bottom, (hot steam from kettle)? then pull the figure out, fix it up then carefully put back inside plastic tray and reseal (glue stick)? I’m just guessing of course, not even sure hot steam would work? might damage the card?

I’ll most likely hold off doing anything to mine for now.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Steam would ruin the card for sure, and I think a glue stick would be a terrible choice. I use clear glue and a paint brush.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎