Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MOTU Origins Buzz Saw Hordak variant found!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

MOTU Origins Buzz Saw Hordak variant found!

Mattel revamped the eye/face paint on Buzz Saw Hordak.

There are THREE versions...

The top "red eyes" version that matches the vintage figure, with gray face paint.

The middle "transition eyes" with black face paint.

The bottom "small eyes" version matches the first Origins release.

Last edited by enyawd72; Jun 12, '21, 12:59 AM.
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I don't begrudge variants, I like these. And I wish there was a variant Stratos.

But it's hard to find MOTU Origins period, let alone in variation.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      I don't begrudge variants, I like these. And I wish there was a variant Stratos.

But it's hard to find MOTU Origins period, let alone in variation.
      Thing with this one, is it's a TRUE running change production variant, not an artificially manufactured one. Fans expressed their dislike for the face on the first Hordak release, so Mattel changed it for this release.
      That's why they are also reissuing regular He-Man and Skeletor with the vintage heads and full swords.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Thanks, I didn't know about He-Man and Skeletor--are they out?

Why three Hordak variants then? I wonder which one I'll get from BBTS?
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          Thanks, I didn't know about He-Man and Skeletor--are they out?

Why three Hordak variants then? I wonder which one I'll get from BBTS?
          Not sure if they're out yet...I think the middle Hordak head is a transition one.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

There's also a running change on She-Ra. Much better face paint with eyelashes and highlights in the eyes. Looks way better. Night and day improvement.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I'm interested in such variants at reasonable prices if folks here find them or have duplicates.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I got the "vintage" head variant, I'm thrilled!!!!!

Comment

• jacoblb
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 7, 2009

My deluxe version differs from the standard one. I'm happy having 2 out of the 3. I don't think any of mine look like the bottom picture with the hardly any red eye socket.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                    Career Member
                    • Jan 19, 2019

Oh, I just found the latest variant. It looks pretty cool, and MAN the buzz saw sure does fly!!
                    Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎