X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

MOTU Revelations Trailer.

Looks promising. I hope it doesn't suck.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Holy *bleep*

That...actually looks great.

The song sucked though.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

I liked the song. Thought it was a good fit for the footage. My worry has always been is the classic designs will be barely in it and most of it will be the grim dark edgy Teela and Orko stuff. Trailer was good, though.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I think Bonnie Tyler was a great choice. Fits the 80s vibe, and you can't go wrong with a Jim Steinman song for overly epicness.

This looks great. I hope the show is at least 50% this, and 50% the new stuff we have to go through to get back to this. If this is all the vintage-ness we get...well, who wants that?

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

Like I said this is based more on the 2002 design wise.
          2002 prince adam.jpgE3iSSKvXwAA24iu.jpg

I like the idea of the Shazam/Captain Marvel version of Prince Adam/He-Man than the original.
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Non-tan He-Man as Adam never made a lick of sense to me even at 9 years old.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Other than the smaller Adam I don't see much in common with 2002 reboot design wise. They are not using the Egyptian inspired Sorceress or any of the one big boot asymmetrical Spawn armor. Looks more like the 80s toy designs filtered through an anime style to me.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                HULK SMASH!
                • Apr 3, 2010

Looks good to me.
                Highly anticipating this.
                PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• enyawd72
                  Maker of Monsters!
                  • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  Non-tan He-Man as Adam never made a lick of sense to me even at 9 years old.

Chris
                  At least a tan can't come and go, so it's a better disguise than the old glasses/no glasses! LOL

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by enyawd72
                    At least a tan can't come and go, so it's a better disguise than the old glasses/no glasses! LOL
                    Yeah, I never gave it a second thought.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

I have to give Chris Wood credit, his "I have the power!" is pretty good. Not John Erwin awesome, but still pretty good.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                        galactic yo-yo
                        • Apr 6, 2006

From what I've heard,the focus is going to be on Teela. That doesn't give me very high hopes.

Comment

• sprytel
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 26, 2009

The trailer looks good to me. I'm in.

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

I saw an interview where Kevin Smith said the show is kid friendly and no more violent than a Marvel movie. So that's promising.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎