X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Super7 Silverhawks

They look great and I've wanted new Silverhawks for ages. But I just cant do their excruciatingly long pre-orders at those prices.

Super7 Reveals Their Silverhawks 7" Ultimates Wave 1 Figures - Quicksilver, Steelheart, Buzz-Saw And Mon*Star
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

$55 for a 7" figure and they're not even metallic?

I love Silverhawks but these are an easy pass. Too bad. The sculpts are great, but they should be vac metal or at least metallic painted.

Comment

• powersthatbe
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 27, 2010

I'll get them but i still wish for a silverhawk toy with flipping face feature from human face to faceplate like super powers orion or big jim lol

Comment

• supes
        For the love of Mego's!
        • Jan 19, 2004

Boy that's a fail! Sculpts are great but the colors are terrible. Saved me some money

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Apparently Super 7 has gotten a lot of backlash on going the animated route, instead of the vac-metalized Kenner route. Dollars to donuts they release "deluxe" reissues with the Vac-Metal, and it's going to be even pricier.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            Apparently Super 7 has gotten a lot of backlash on going the animated route, instead of the vac-metalized Kenner route. Dollars to donuts they release "deluxe" reissues with the Vac-Metal, and it's going to be even pricier.

Chris
            I suspect you are right.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Chris
              For me it's not toon vs toys. Even in the cartoon the characters looked really bright, shiny and metallic. The Super7 figures just look very flat, dull and pastel.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

^Agreed, but that's what they were saying they were going after. The color palette is a bit like Kenner's BTAS, and that translated to the animated look in that line, but you're right, Silverhawks had some extreme highlights and shine in almost every frame to evoke "metal" and that's missing here.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• monitor_ep
                  Talkative Member
                  • May 11, 2013

Super 7 figures have been priced out of my range for awhile now. I wish I could have continued to collect them but $20-50 for the small figures are just not possible anymore.

That being said who ever decides to redo the Tigersharks in the sea life form I will purchase them.
                  Last edited by monitor_ep; Jun 15, '21, 1:57 PM.
                  Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• enyawd72
                    Maker of Monsters!
                    • Oct 1, 2009

^Agreed, but that's what they were saying they were going after. The color palette is a bit like Kenner's BTAS, and that translated to the animated look in that line, but you're right, Silverhawks had some extreme highlights and shine in almost every frame to evoke "metal" and that's missing here.

Chris
                    Honestly, I'd even be OK with painted highlights like the Mondo 12" animated Mr. Freeze. But they need something to convey metal.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

Honestly, I'd even be OK with painted highlights like the Mondo 12" animated Mr. Freeze. But they need something to convey metal.
                      Yeah, that would have been a good route to go. And at that price point, they should be able to afford that. NECA is doing "cell shading" on their TMNT figures as well, and Hasbro is doing some Power Rangers with it...which is odd since they were never animated!

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎