X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Wrath of Khan 3-pack

Foreign three pack of Wrath of Khan. I'm waiting to get one. Has anyone else bought one?
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
      Moderation Engineer
      • Aug 14, 2003

I don't think I have even seen an example. I'd like to know if they left the random "SPOCK" at the bottom for the production pieces. I'd honestly rework the layout of the box face completely.

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

I haven't seen these. Looks like three separately packaged figures repackaged as one. Must be an exclusive.
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Tiberiusguy
          Museum Patron
          • Aug 23, 2019

Come on, it IS three blister cards in a Spock package. Read the letters between Spock and kirk’s head. And the rest of the card for Kahn…
          If it’s legit, it’s a lame attempt at a rerelease, and too much excessive packaging

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

It was done for a UK retailer who specifically requested a three-pack of the characters.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
              It was done for a UK retailer who specifically requested a three-pack of the characters.
              Two- or three-packs done this way might work well instead of the diorama two-packs. Homage to vintage gift sets, a way to move inventory.
              Last edited by PNGwynne; Jun 9, '21, 4:56 PM.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
                Do you know if this is the actual final product that's pictured?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

The box is very strange. The front and sides all say Spock, and on the sides he's pictured in his blue shirt. The back has a write-up about the Wrath Of Khan movie and states what is in the package. I don't know why they didn't change the front and side. It isn't the same as the Spock gift set. It's totally different. I'm glad I got it because I didn't originally get the Khan movie figures, and now they are kind of expensive.
                  Last edited by LonnieFisher; Jun 19, '21, 1:14 AM.

Comment

• SpideyDude73
                    • Jul 5, 2019

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    Two- or three-packs done this way might work well instead of the diorama two-packs. Homage to vintage gift sets, a way to move inventory.
                    I didn't care for the diaroma packaging only because it was an odd shape and would take up a lot of real estate trying to display boxed. It could have been just as effective in a much smaller rectangular box.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎