Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beatlemania
    • Sep 28, 2014

Boromir, Steward-prince of Gondor, from the Lord of the Rings

"In that dream I thought the eastern sky grew dark and there was a growing thunder, but in the West a pale light lingered, and out of it I heard a voice, remote but clear, crying:

Seek for the Sword that was broken:
    In Imladris it dwells;
    There shall be counsels taken
    Stronger than Morgul-spells.
    There shall be shown a token
    That Doom is near at hand,
    For Isildur's Bane shall waken,
    And the Halfling forth shall stand."

Hey, everyone! After a bit of a hiatus, we've finally added a new figure to our growing Lord of the Rings collection!

This time around, we have Boromir, Son of Denethor, Steward-prince of Gondor!

Boromir features hand-sewn travel garments, weathered boots from CTVT, a mustache and head of hair made from yarn, and a hand-painted, 3D-printed head, sword, shield, and horn of Gondor!

Like the other figures in this series, it focuses more on the written descriptions of the characters, from Tolkien's original texts, as well as a few odds and ins from other artists' interpretations, from the past, that we've appreciated.

I'll be honest: Boromir was usually my least-favorite member of the Fellowship, for whatever reason. It might've been that he didn't have much to do, throughout the series--outside of being the catalyst for the disbanding of the Fellowship, at the start of The Two Towers. Still, this figure was definitely fun to do (especially creating the shield), and I've started to appreciate him more as a character!

It's been very fun, creating this new member of the Fellowship! Recently, I have placed an order for 2 new, child-sized bodies from Doc Mego, and I envision 2 new hobbits on the way--which will finish out the Fellowship of the Ring!

As always, we always appreciate questions, comments, and feedback! Thanks for checking our Boromir!
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

cool. Was wondering what happened to your line of figures. Need a group shot!
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Beatlemania
      • Sep 28, 2014

thunderbolt,

That is definitely on my list of things to do--just have to finish Merry and Pippin!
      And yeah; I, like many people go through in this hobby, had a bit of a lull moment, where I lost a bit of my drive for a while. I think some of that was due to me working on this particular figure, since Boromir hasn't really been a character I've related to very much; frankly, I went through finishing him for no other reason than to complete the fellowship.
      Last edited by Beatlemania; Jun 9, '21, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

He looks great! I love the hair. and the outfit. And your photography game is on point! I look forward to seeing the completed Fellowship.

Comment

• apes3978
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 19, 2005

Very nice job on him.

Comment

• Beatlemania
            • Sep 28, 2014

sprytel,

Thank you so much! My background is in photography and videography, so I'm glad to read that I'm doing it correctly! And I'll definitely be doing a full shoot with all 9 members of the fellowship, once Merry and Pippin are complete!

Comment

• danadoll
              Micronaut Nut!
              • Apr 11, 2005

Very well done! I love his outfit, the hair, the weapons, everything.

Dana
              "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• battmasterson
                Career Member
                • Dec 22, 2010

Very nice. Looks Great.

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

Nice job, looks great, thanks for sharing.

Comment

• ddgaff1132
                    Persistent Member
                    • Oct 3, 2007

Your LOTR customs are really "Next Level"!!! Cannot wait to see the next!
                    Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
                    MEGO MOTORS

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎