Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dark Shadow
    Creature Of The Night
    • May 14, 2011

I'm deeply skeptical about this project and will be greatly surprised if this ends up straying far enough away from Zombie's legacy of work to actually capture the spirit that this license deserves.

While researching this, I discovered that Burton has been granted access to The Addams Family license in order to produce a Netflix original series called "Wednesday". The show will primarily focus on Wednesday Addams as she comes of age while attending Nevermore Academy, masters her psychic abilities, solves murder mysteries and balances her "tangled" relationships. It's also rumored that Burton has been petitioning Netflix for permission to cast Depp as Gomez, which Netflix (so far) is refusing to grant. I'm even much more skeptical about this project than I am Zombie's.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by jwyblejr
      I don't know why but I can see Mark Hamill playing Grandpa. Maybe because of him playing Jim the Vampire in What We Do In The Shadows. Go with Brad Garrett as Herman.
      Garrett or Ron Perlman.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• toyhunter1970
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 24, 2020

I cant stand rob Zombie and his body of work but he may pull this off???

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

It’s a Rob Zombie movie. Of course it’s going to be bloody graphic horror. IT’S ROB ZOMBIE!!!
          sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

Kevin Nash has said he'd like to play Herman.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
              Creature Of The Night
              • May 14, 2011

^I just did a quick search and the prosthetic for Herman's forehead and brow has already been created. It actually looks really good, and would seem to indicate that an actor has already been cast.

There are also postings of the blueprint for the house (looks like an exact replica of the original), some costume designs for Lily & Herman's sleepwear, a wig for Grandpa, and a location site:

https://variety.com/2021/artisans/ne...s-1235024561/#!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Looks like a good homage thus far, hopefully more successful than Burton's Dark Shadows.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                  Creature Of The Night
                  • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  Looks like a good homage thus far, hopefully more successful than Burton's Dark Shadows.
                  I learned a long time ago to never say, "It couldn't be any worse", so I'll just bite my tongue and wait it out.

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

I have two strong opinions on Rob Zombie. As a production artist, I think the man is incredible. He understands how to create imaginative and well thought out images for his projects. So seeing his design sensibilities for the Munsters and noting how good they look is not a surprise.

But as a writer, that guy can't string two sentences together. All his characters talk EXACTLY the same way. They're all foul mouthed and act like they flunked out of the same high school together. And his idea of progressive film making is to stick your face in something raunchy which is not exactly original. So he's a very one note director. I don't have to think about what he's going to do with the Munsters. They will all have an aesthetic value to them we can all appreciate. But their characters will be the very anthesis of what we know them to be, because he'll want to drown them in dark humor with distasteful banter.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                      Moderation Engineer
                      • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by MIB41
                      I have two strong opinions on Rob Zombie. As a production artist, I think the man is incredible. He understands how to create imaginative and well thought out images for his projects. So seeing his design sensibilities for the Munsters and noting how good they look is not a surprise.

But as a writer, that guy can't string two sentences together. All his characters talk EXACTLY the same way. They're all foul mouthed and act like they flunked out of the same high school together. And his idea of progressive film making is to stick your face in something raunchy which is not exactly original. So he's a very one note director. I don't have to think about what he's going to do with the Munsters. They will all have an aesthetic value to them we can all appreciate. But their characters will be the very anthesis of what we know them to be, because he'll want to drown them in dark humor with distasteful banter.
                      Did you cut and paste that directly from my brain?

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                        Creature Of The Night
                        • May 14, 2011

FWIW: I've read several articles, some of them said that there was no confirmation as to whether or not Zombie will be writing, some of them claim that he will be writing (such as the one I posted above).

From Deadline:

"Zombie directed two Halloween reboot films in the 2000s and most recently wrote and helmed 3 from Hell and 31. He launched his feature filmmaking career with House of 1000 Corpses (2003) and followed that up with The Devil’s Rejects two years later. He wrote and directed both but didn’t say whether he plans to write The Munsters as well."

https://deadline.com/2021/07/the-munsters-rob-zombie-teases-feature-adaptation-set-blueprint-universal-1234770945/

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎