Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

History shows again and again how Nature points out the folly of Men....GODZILLA!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

History shows again and again how Nature points out the folly of Men....GODZILLA!!

Big boy here 16 inches tall, hands feet and head sculpted by me, based on the storyboard design of Gojira. Body is a ball jointed skeleton padded with sherpa fleeces for the skin and eva foam fins. First in what should be a pile of Kaiju. Toho Kong is next then King Ghidorah and Anguirus. His height works out close to N-Scale so I need to get some people and tanks.

1954 B/W pic
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

That is all kinds of fun and awesome. You definitely need to get a train setup going. Looking forward to the rest of the kaiju.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Stupendous, in a style as only T-bolt can do. COTW imo and excited to see more. Bring on Mothra, too--though I know another flying beast is first.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        Stupendous, in a style as only T-bolt can do. COTW imo and excited to see more. Bring on Mothra, too--though I know another flying beast is first.
        actually a primate is next
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

I love the green sherpa fleeces body, can’t wait to see how Kong turns out. If you haven’t thought of it yet, the green fleeces color and a brown color might make a pretty good pair of certain Gargantuas.

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

Wow that turned out great.
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by TrekStar
              I love the green sherpa fleeces body, can’t wait to see how Kong turns out. If you haven’t thought of it yet, the green fleeces color and a brown color might make a pretty good pair of certain Gargantuas.
              thanks, it's actually black that I highlighted with paint. The Gargantuas are on my list, but I was thinking furry for them.

Comment

• Confessional
                Maker & Whatnot
                • Aug 8, 2012

Been wild to see you scale up over time to 16" kaiju!!! What a fun and dedicated line-up… these are going to need to takeover a room and go full-on diorama!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Confessional
                  Been wild to see you scale up over time to 16" kaiju!!! What a fun and dedicated line-up… these are going to need to takeover a room and go full-on diorama!
                  Its time for a change on my customs shelves anyway.

Comment

• apes3978
                    Permanent Member
                    • Nov 19, 2005

That's some good work right there...

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

This was my inspiration for the headsculpt, based off the storyboard art for the 54 movie

Comment

• ddgaff1132
                        Persistent Member
                        • Oct 3, 2007

Oh no... Look out Tokyo!!!
                        Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
                        MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• battmasterson
                          Career Member
                          • Dec 22, 2010

Very creative as always. I love the classic 1950's Sci-Fi Monster look. You captured that perfectly. Just an awesome figure.

Comment

• drquest
                            ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                            • Apr 17, 2012

Wow this is super cool! I'm not sure how I missed seeing this.
                            Danny(Drquest)
                            Captain Action HQ
                            Retro shirts and stuff
                            More retro shirts
                            Stuff For Sale

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by drquest
                              Wow this is super cool! I'm not sure how I missed seeing this.
                              Thanks! I guess it got buried under all the Stan Lee redressed figures

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎