X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RonnyG
    Career Member
    • Apr 23, 2014

My Mego Lost in Space Action Figures Wish Thread

I'm not a Star Trek fan, but I love Lost in Space, and I'm jealous that Star Trek gets all the Mego attention.
    I was thinking about how nice it would be if Mego did a line of LIS figures.
    The best thing is they wouldn't really need to get the actor's likenesses if that was a problem--as long as they nail their space suits correctly, we can figure out who the characters are by their clothes. Sort of like their Endora figure from Bewitched. It didn't look exactly like Agnes Moorehead but her outfit did so we knew who she was supposed to be. Plus LIS had some great aliens like Carrot Man, the Cyclops Monster, etc.
    There have been several non-Mego action figures made, but I like the Mego-size format and price point better.

Here is a look at the different attempts made through the years by other companies.

1966-lost-space-japanese-marusan_1_c2a7759539b7e2a8593122dc1399e5b5.jpg s-l1600.jpg John Robinson2.jpg lost-in-space-verda-the-android-16-scale-phicen-action-figure-682x1024.jpg
    Attached Files
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

I think the problem is an Irwin Allen estate thing.

IMO, every Irwin Allen show would sell like heck

When Trendmasters did their Target classic line Sheila Mathews was still in control

Today with Sheila gone (rip) somebody else controls the business

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Is there a Mego-scale LOS Robot? If so, I can see Dr. Smith and Will Robinson selling well. Non-fans might buy Prof. Robinson for Zorro customs...
      Last edited by PNGwynne; Jun 5, '21, 8:23 PM.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• RonnyG
        Career Member
        • Apr 23, 2014

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        Is there a Mego-scale LOS Robot? If so, I can see Dr. Smith and Will Robinson selling well. Non-fans might buy Prof. Robinson for Zorro customs...
        I never thought of that, but Mego probably wouldn't make a Mego scale robot. They seem to make human-like action figures only, and the line would definitely need the Robot because he was a key character.

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

The Robot from the second pic looks Mego compatible? If mego did ever make LIS figures, I’m guessing they would come in two packs, Professor Robinson and wife Maureen, Don and Judy, Will and Penny, Smith and Robot, then an aliens line.

I’m definitely a Star Trek fan, but I enjoyed LIS, I have the 12” Cyclops beast and I met the cast at a sci-if convention back in 1995
          30th reunion tour, unfortunately Guy Williams had already passed away.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I don't think Mego has any plans for more 2-packs.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              I don't think Mego has any plans for more 2-packs.
              Yes, most likely they won’t, it’s just wishful imaginary thinking on my part, although if they can get the license for Abbott & Costello figures, I can see an exclusive only two pack.

Comment

• RonnyG
                Career Member
                • Apr 23, 2014

^Pity. I really liked the packaging they used for the 2-packs. Grateful they made the "Bewitched" living room and the Jeannie bottle, since it looks like they aren't going to make any vinyl playsets to go with their figures.

Comment

• phil
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 11, 2007

When I was a kid, I really wanted Mego Lost In Space figures.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎