• Mego-Amigo
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 22, 2011

Me too.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Does the show even see the light of day anywhere?
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• RonnyG
        Career Member
        • Apr 23, 2014

Kotter figures would be nice--but only if they can get the actor's likenesses. You saw what happened with their Charlie's Angels figures. Looked nothing like them.

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by RonnyG
          Kotter figures would be nice--but only if they can get the actor's likenesses. You saw what happened with their Charlie's Angels figures. Looked nothing like them.
          Gotta agree there

Besides looking nothing like the real actresses' they dressed them super unattractively dumpy ……. Like they bought their clothes from a Lane Bryant marked-down outlet store

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

I'd like them, but I don't think they would sell very well.

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
              I'd like them, but I don't think they would sell very well.
              Does anything classic really sell well ?

Did Mego make a zillion dollars on the Facts of Life girls figures ???

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                Persistent Member
                • Jun 22, 2011

When Mego relaunched again with Target and made several figures based on classic TV shows at Target's request that didn't sell well Mego decided not to continue those lines or do any similar ones. I think the idea is if it's not monsters, sci-fi or super heroes it won't sell. As much as I love monsters, sci-fi and super heroes I was happy to see Charlie's Angels, Happy Days and I Dream of Jeannie being a big fan of those shows. I also would like to see those lines continue ( with actor likeness ) as well as shows like Kotter be added to the mix. I am a big fan and collector of POTA, Star Trek, Universal Monsters, Hammer and Super Heroes but it would be nice to see other stuff like Kotter in the mix. I think what hurt the sells of some of the Target choices was doing the characters without likeness rights and others were just not good choices for a toy line.
                Last edited by Mego-Amigo; Jun 5, '21, 8:05 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Why would Mego continue failed lines with (presumably more expensive) actors' likenesses when they didn't have rights in the first place? They didn't' even finish Oz, which I suppose would have been a comprehensive license.
                  Last edited by PNGwynne; Jun 5, '21, 8:18 PM.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

I am surprised they didn’t finish WOZ, or at least give us Scarecrow and Tin Man. With failed lines and likeness rights, I’m guessing we won’t be seeing Starsky & Hutch or M*A*S*H* anytime soon.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

Kotter is one of those shows that was huge in syndication in the late 70s/early 80s but just up and vanished after that. I caught one episode on MeTV several years ago when they were briefly airing it. Unfortunately, I think if it's remembered or mentioned at all, it's as a footnote to Travolta's pre-Saturday Night Fever career.

I loved the show as a kid, and I wouldn't mind seeing Mego do the five main cast members, but I doubt they would take that risk.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎