Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

It suddenly occurred to me last night that The Reptile might have been a clever way to reuse WOz Witch figures. A sort of AJ compromise. Still miss the dress, though--esp. considering the nice soft-goods on the Topps Hammer figures.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Nov 6, '21, 8:12 AM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Confessional
      Maker & Whatnot
      • Aug 8, 2012

^^ Makes sense. As the FC hands were far too large, I ended up going with reshaped Type-S GITD, and put her in Vanessa Ives clothing as a better stand in. She's really fun and a bit campy, but (agreed!) it would have been awesome to have something more screen accurate. If a better outfit emerges, I'd be inclined to rebuild her.

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        It suddenly occurred to me last night that The Reptile might have been a clever way to reuse WOz Witch figures. A sort of AJ compromise. Still miss the dress, though--esp. considering the nice soft-goods on the Topps Hammer figures.
        I thought that all along. The Reptile is nothing but unsold witches with a new head slapped on. I agree, the dress thing is sad. I may remove mine, bleach it, then dye it a dark blue.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I found some perfect fabric on ebay for her dress, but even JoAnn's has some options.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 23, 2008

The skin color is different between the Wicked Witch and Reptile.

Comment

• darkbros
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 3, 2012

I don't understand this settling for the witch dress at all, it's not close to accurate. And ironically, an accurate dress would be less complex, pattern-wise. Even allowing for the witch dress already being patterned for production, they couldn't vary the fabric? Sad. I understand it for a custom compromise, but this is a licensed figure..
              Hey someone on the same page as me on this figure, that could have been a knock out of the park.

my video on it:

Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
              https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------
              "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

*double post, oops*
                Last edited by PNGwynne; Nov 6, '21, 7:54 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Jrfjr126rock
                  The skin color is different between the Wicked Witch and Reptile.
                  That's good to know, but which Witch?

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 23, 2008

That's good to know, but which Witch?
                    The Mego release I have is lighter than reptile.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

I have the two-pack Witch, was thinking of getting the (lighter) carded for a custom.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                        Veteran Member
                        • Feb 23, 2008

I have the two-pack Witch, was thinking of getting the (lighter) carded for a custom.
                        Interesting I didn't know that there was a variation.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎