X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Confessional
    Maker & Whatnot
    • Aug 8, 2012

The Reptile – Hand Mods

Looking forward to The Reptile landing this month. Sculpt looks fantastic, hands look terrible.

As they are a signature element of her style, a mod is gonna need to happen. Anyone have any early ideas on a hand replacement for her?
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Easy, female Famous Covers hands
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Excellent suggestion.

I have Black Widow hands if anyone wants to cast them.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

Hah! "Famous Covers"… that's something I'd never have. Are they bigger than 1/9?… they look to be the right style for sure. Do all of the ladies come with the same hands?

I also remembered there's some old CTVT (India-era) monster hands that might work too.
        Last edited by Confessional; Jun 4, '21, 5:46 PM. Reason: …only knows Famous Monsters!

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Confessional
          Hah! "Famous Covers"… that's something I'd never have. Are they bigger than 1/9?… they look to be the right style for sure. Do all of the ladies come with the same hands?

I also remembered there's some old CTVT (India-era) monster hands that might work too.
          Most are the same, I think Storm came with one fist. they are 1/8th scale I probably have a crap ton of them.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

The FC female hands are very close in size to the first EMCE Frankenstein figure.

Comment

• Confessional
              Maker & Whatnot
              • Aug 8, 2012

Ok, cool!… I have a beat FC lady on the way for hand surgery.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                Talkative Member
                • May 11, 2013

CTVT_HandsWolfManBrn_Web.1.jpg

A simple repaint of these hands should work

Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

the only fun part will be modifying anything to fit in the cruddy female body's hand sockets

Comment

• Confessional
                    Maker & Whatnot
                    • Aug 8, 2012

^^ I'm likely going total body replacement.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Confessional
                      ^^ I'm likely going total body replacement.
                      hmm then I wonder if the Yvonne hands would work as well. I think they could be reshaped with heat.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                        Talkative Member
                        • May 11, 2013

blu-ray screen captures (8).jpg

I just scanned the movie to find a good screen grab, and the monster isn't seen till the end of the movie so to get a figure done for that is a bonus. The hands are just regular but spread out, yeah you will have to repaint them to match.

As for the dress, I would have gone with the WOZ Wicked Witch outfit too if I had to create her for the Svengoolie set.
                        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

I don't understand this settling for the witch dress at all, it's not close to accurate. And ironically, an accurate dress would be less complex, pattern-wise. Even allowing for the witch dress already being patterned for production, they couldn't vary the fabric? Sad. I understand it for a custom compromise, but this is a licensed figure.

The Famous Covers female hands are spread, so that's a bonus.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Confessional
                            Maker & Whatnot
                            • Aug 8, 2012

^^ I don't see/read them as normal at all… with the form-fitting outfit and the make-up (green reptile tops, brown fleshy undersides, black fingernails), they become larger than life in both the film and the associated marketing (posters, lobby cards, etc.) as a signature monster design. Spreading out those tiny, terrible Mego hands wouldn't give you that impact.

The dress mod looks easy enough (if you're willing to added some stitches), but agree, it would be extra-cool in a nylon, to replicate the reflective wood-grain-like pattern.
                            Last edited by Confessional; Jun 6, '21, 9:17 AM. Reason: …too good of a sculpt to not fix this lovely!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

with all the work needed to get a decent figure i might have to say enoughs enough with Mego.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎