X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Super7 Reaction GIJOE

Reaction GI JOE figures are showing up on Target's computers.

I've sworn off S7 because I hate their crazy long and expensive pre-orders but IF these are Sunbow RAH I will have to break down and get them.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

The prices on those Super 7 figures are out of control now. I picked up a S7 Phantom of the Opera for $17.99 last week, and while the painted art on the package is gorgeous, this is a $10 at best, and that's pushing it. Hasbro themselves are putting out wonderful 3.75" Marvel Legends figures for $10, with equally stunning card art. I would rather see they keep all of this in house and go that route. Seems to me, if you are getting figures into Target, you aren't "boutique" anymore and should adjust pricing accordingly. That's just my opinion. Maybe I'm missing something, but the figures now seem incredibly high for what they are, with only the basic articulation.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      The prices on those Super 7 figures are out of control now.
      I agree S7's prices are too high and I would have rather Hasbro done this in house. No argument there. But if these are Sunbow Joes I'm still going to get them. If they are Sunbow Joes and by some miracle also O-ring figures I will collect the hell out of them.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Mr.Marion
        Permanent Member
        • Sep 15, 2014

I'd imagine they will but doing the most popular figures, Destro, Snake eyes, stormshadow, Baroness, cobra commander, Duke, Scarlett, maybe Shipwreck, firefly, and beach head.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

The prices on those Super 7 figures are out of control now. I picked up a S7 Phantom of the Opera for $17.99 last week, and while the painted art on the package is gorgeous, this is a $10 at best, and that's pushing it.
          Especially since, with that character in particular, the card art is so superior to the actual figure.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            Especially since, with that character in particular, the card art is so superior to the actual figure.
            I sold all my Super7 Universal Monsters. The guy who did the card art sells signed 11x17 prints of the artwork for less than the cost of the figures, and you get the entire painted image, nearly half of which is cropped out on the card backs.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

I sold all my Super7 Universal Monsters. The guy who did the card art sells signed 11x17 prints of the artwork for less than the cost of the figures, and you get the entire painted image, nearly half of which is cropped out on the card backs.
              Oh wow, that sounds great. Do you have a link?

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

I too would prefer the artwork by itself. That is far more enticing than the actual product.

Comment

• enyawd72
                  Maker of Monsters!
                  • Oct 1, 2009

Oh wow, that sounds great. Do you have a link?

Chris
                  Look up Ed Repka on facebook. He sells direct there.

Comment

• Klosterheim
                    Persistent Member
                    • Mar 23, 2013

I don't know who else is making the new Retro G.I. Joe RAH figures,

but I glanced at a Cobra Soldier on Twitter, and he was fantastic!

He came with a green bazooka.

They also had Stalker!, and he looked almost like the original, or better!

I think someone found the old toy paint, because it looks so good.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Klosterheim
                      I don't know who else is making the new Retro G.I. Joe RAH figures,

but I glanced at a Cobra Soldier on Twitter, and he was fantastic!
                      Those are the Retro collection Walmart exclusives by Hasbro.

Comment

• Klosterheim
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 23, 2013

Originally posted by Werewolf
                        Those are the Retro collection Walmart exclusives by Hasbro.
                        Thanks very much.

I liked those action figures, Hasbro did a good job.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                          Persistent Member
                          • Sep 27, 2010

yeah and i got that stalker and cobra soldier the other day. I am not so sure about the reaction figures if they will be 5 poa or not :/

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎