Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Pratt's name was bandied about by a lot of folks a few years back after the breakout success of Guardians. I agree he's probably the best box office draw you could recast as Indy now. He's got the affable charm and comedy chops Ford does, but can sell the action too.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

I could see Chris Evans pull it off too, but does he want to play another ww2 era hero?
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Klosterheim
        Persistent Member
        • Mar 23, 2013

I don't think anyone will replace Ford as Indy.

Many movies, especially recent ones, just copy the setting and some of the feel of Raiders of the Lost Ark, but populate the setting with their own characters.

Indiana Jones will be copied forever in movies, video games and in other media,

but there will only ever be the original franchise.

By the way, I also love how the DVD box sets of The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles had all those historic documentaries on there, that was awesome.

If anything, they could reboot Indy's younger days as a streaming service, but the big adventures they can leave alone. There is a lot they could do with those stories, plus add many new tales.

(and they should release the originally aired episode that was cut-out in parts for the DVDs, the parts with old Indy.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          I could see Chris Evans pull it off too, but does he want to play another ww2 era hero?
          He would be my choice.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

i actually liked the idea of Chris Pratt. they have said there will be no recasting and that Harry is Indy and that is it. but you know, money talks, bull**** walks. if this one does well, you can damn well bet they will recast

Comment

• Liu Bei
              Banned
              • Mar 31, 2018

Neither Spielberg nor Lucas will be involved in this one. If you loved the direction Kathleen Kennedy took with Star Wars, I think this next Indy flick will be right up your alley. If you didn’t, my guess is you won’t. But we’ll have to wait and see, I guess.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Liu Bei
                Neither Spielberg nor Lucas will be involved in this one. If you loved the direction Kathleen Kennedy took with Star Wars, I think this next Indy flick will be right up your alley. If you didn’t, my guess is you won’t. But we’ll have to wait and see, I guess.
                She's on her way out so she probably has to play nice
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

has that been officially announced? i did not hear she was leaving. would be good new though. she is not well liked in the fandom

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                    has that been officially announced? i did not hear she was leaving. would be good new though. she is not well liked in the fandom
                    there have been grumblings and supposedly Lucas will have more input in the future. Something Disney should have sought out in the first place.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

For all the hate and blame she gets, I think people forget she was handpicked by Lucas as his successor.
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        there have been grumblings and supposedly Lucas will have more input in the future. Something Disney should have sought out in the first place.
                        yeah, i never understood their attitude that he was not wanted or needed

Comment

• Liu Bei
                          Banned
                          • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Werewolf
                          For all the hate and blame she gets, I think people forget she was handpicked by Lucas as his successor.
                          I don’t think anyone forgot it, I just don’t think it factors into how much people enjoyed or didn’t enjoy the direction Star Wars took under her direction.

There have been reports that Lucas is unhappy with the direction the films took, with Bob Iger even saying in his book that Lucas felt upset and betrayed, which I think was obvious to anyone who heard George describe the experience as selling his children to white slavers, or when he refused to attend the premiere for the Rise of Skywalker.

Of course it is all irrelevant anyway. However she got the job, she got it, it doesn’t matter who gave it to her, why, or whether they regret making that decision. All that matters is how fans feel about the product. Some like it, some don’t. Either way, I’ve seen absolutely no indication that Kennedy is going to compromise on her vision for Lucasfilm, if the casting for the new Indy film is any indication. Which is why I surmise that people who love what Kennedy has done with Star Wars will love what she does with Indy, and people who don’t, won’t.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                            Persistent Member
                            • Sep 27, 2010

the animation from the upcoming "what if?" looks incredible, I wouldn't mind Indy Jones done that way if need be(as some show), I think there is some indy show coming on disney plus. also with de=aging effects so good right now a flashback as so in the new movie would be cool. Harrison Ford is the rare star where it's impossible to replace as he is is so iconic.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                              the animation from the upcoming "what if?" looks incredible, I wouldn't mind Indy Jones done that way if need be(as some show), I think there is some indy show coming on disney plus. also with de=aging effects so good right now a flashback as so in the new movie would be cool. Harrison Ford is the rare star where it's impossible to replace as he is is so iconic.
                              I'm sure the same was said about Connery

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                                Muddling through
                                • Oct 4, 2008

agreed. but, with Harry and the Indiana Jones character, he has played him for 40 years. it will be a difficult task to replace him, but i think it can be done

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎