Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ToyTalk
    Career Member
    • Mar 25, 2020

He could be replaced. The risk of losing fans would only fall on the long-time fans who grew up watching the first 2-3 installments. The younger generation doesn't feel the attachment like we do. I know this, with 7 kids, I know this to be fact. My youngest son for instance is a huge fan of nearly everything I grew up with. He completely loves the Indiana Jones movies, but to him Harrison Ford is just an old guy, who is a good actor and who played the part well. Replace him with someone like Chris Pratt and the Indy franchise is set for another Trilogy in their eyes.
    Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

thinking it might be a passing of the baton movie, one image from the filming has a nazi steam locomotive, maybe a flashback to the good old days for old folks home Indy?
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Goblin19
        Talkative Member
        • May 2, 2002

I’d be fine with a passing of the torch scenario. I think fans would be better with it since Ford is still involved with the transition.

Comment

• Klosterheim
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 23, 2013

The advantage of an Indy reboot of the movies, if they do get a new lead actor, would be lots of new toys, board games and video games!

And, maybe if they do decide to do it, I'll miss the original Indy, but maybe if they focus more on the archaeology stuff, and show more of that, with more talk of ancient things, then that might be fun. It can still build up to the intense action, but have Indy do some real work inside his profession and have new characters in that field, as well as the old ones, interact with him.

To have Indy Tailor made to the new actor, have someone that is strong in that type of area, and is very good as part of an ensemble, to add things to the characters and enlarge their world.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

The Nazi train is likely tied to the fact that the villain is a Nazi who now works for NASA

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
              The Nazi train is likely tied to the fact that the villain is a Nazi who now works for NASA
              and he collects Nazi trains? How does that get through a background check?
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

could be a flashback, could be a plot to restore the reich. we'll have to wait and see

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                  could be a flashback, could be a plot to restore the reich. we'll have to wait and see
                  Maybe he’s one of the helpful ones that flipped and worked here on nukes and rockets

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

well it is indicated Mads is the villain so i guess his flipping was only to get access to NASA secrets

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                      I don't mind Crystal Skull for the plot. I never understood why some folks were okay with supernatural boxes that can melt Nazis, and ancient Knights that can live in caves for centuries, but aliens are a bridge too far?

Some of the sillier CGI rampant moments pull the film down, and Shia wasn't a very convincing "Wild Ones" type (although he proved to be pretty wild in the intervening years). "Nuke the fridge" was pretty ridiculous, even for this franchise. I wish Karen Allen was in this new one. She was one of the best parts of Raiders, and definitely Skull.
                      Most people would be dumbfounded to know how much historical accuracy there is to the Indiana Jones films,(from the Grail to the crystal skulls). So much gets dismissed as "Hollywood", when in fact the scripts are pulling from actual documented evidence. I sat through a seminar on the subject this weekend at Wonderfest, delivered by David West Reynolds who has a PH.D and is a best-selling author. He has travelled to ALL the spots in the world that were covered in the series. My jaw was literally open in shock regarding the accuracy of so many of the artifacts, designs, and events in the movie. It was mind boggling. He lives in New Albany, IN so we're virtually neighbors. Hoping to have him to our home to break bread and have continued discussions. A fascinating man.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                        Banned
                        • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by MIB41
                        Most people would be dumbfounded to know how much historical accuracy there is to the Indiana Jones films,(from the Grail to the crystal skulls). So much gets dismissed as "Hollywood", when in fact the scripts are pulling from actual documented evidence. I sat through a seminar on the subject this weekend at Wonderfest, delivered by David West Reynolds who has a PH.D and is a best-selling author. He has travelled to ALL the spots in the world that were covered in the series. My jaw was literally open in shock regarding the accuracy of so many of the artifacts, designs, and events in the movie. It was mind boggling. He lives in New Albany, IN so we're virtually neighbors. Hoping to have him to our home to break bread and have continued discussions. A fascinating man.
                        Awesome. What were some of the more interesting things they got right?

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Harrison Ford set pic in full Indy gear.

Steven Spielberg, Frank Marshall and Kathleen Kennedy will be returning as producers. Kennedy has been involved with all four previous Indy films BTW. Including associate producer on Doom and Crusade and executive producer on Skull.
                          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

there were also some photos released of his stunt double on set with a bunch of Nazi cars and motorcycles. i wonder if they will start the movie with something happening during the war and de-age Harrison and then have the main movie story as kind of a follow up, sort of the way Crusade started

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                              HULK SMASH!
                              • Apr 3, 2010

Kennedy has been involved with all four previous Indy films BTW. Including associate producer on Doom and Crusade and executive producer on Skull.
                              And of course, she was one of the dancing girls in Temple of Doom.

there were also some photos released of his stunt double on set with a bunch of Nazi cars and motorcycles. i wonder if they will start the movie with something happening during the war and de-age Harrison and then have the main movie story as kind of a follow up, sort of the way Crusade started
                              That would certainly appear to be what they're filming with that set-up... a flashback to WW2.
                              PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• toyhunter1970
                                Veteran Member
                                • Feb 24, 2020

I think this productiobn is big mistake but that ones mans opinion

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎