• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

Indiana Jones 5

https://www.superherohype.com/movies...tart-next-week

starts shooting next week. i know he is too old to play the part, but i am still excited for a new movie. i guess i am one of the few who liked Crystal Skull. yes there were some stupid bits but I still found it a fun movie and look forward to what they do with this one
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

I was fine with Crystal Skull and I liked that they brought back Marion. I hope she is in the new movie.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

i did not see her mentioned in the cast. they better at least explain where she is and why she is not with him

Comment

• Klosterheim
        Persistent Member
        • Mar 23, 2013

I am also excited to see more Indiana Jones Adventure!

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
          i did not see her mentioned in the cast.
          That sucks. I hope they didn't kill her off.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• powersthatbe
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 27, 2010

I'm excited as well. I assume this will take place in the 70s ( Indiana Jones and the search of the disco ball I can't see why karen allen couldn't return(I saw her at a con a few years ago and she looked good) but shia? nope. hehe

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

I'm kinda meh with Harrison Ford lately

Would rather see Richard Chamberlain or Michael Douglas do one of their classic Indy ripoffs as a remake.

You have to admit, Michael Douglas could totally kick Harrison Ford's behind in a fight …

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

I don't mind Crystal Skull for the plot. I never understood why some folks were okay with supernatural boxes that can melt Nazis, and ancient Knights that can live in caves for centuries, but aliens are a bridge too far?

Some of the sillier CGI rampant moments pull the film down, and Shia wasn't a very convincing "Wild Ones" type (although he proved to be pretty wild in the intervening years). "Nuke the fridge" was pretty ridiculous, even for this franchise. I wish Karen Allen was in this new one. She was one of the best parts of Raiders, and definitely Skull.
                sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

i think there is a huge segment of modern fandom that loves tearing things down more than they really love the franchise. it's sad. if you don't like it, don't watch it. it's a simple concept.

Comment

• rykerw1701
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 27, 2007

I'm excited about it, but a bit trepidatious. I think Crystak Skull was alright, certainly better than the bashing it took. But it was a definite step down from the prior three. Anyway, I'm glad they're doing Indy 5, and I'll be following the developments.

Comment

• Goblin19
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 2, 2002

I always defend Crystal Skull, at least to a point. I liked it alright, but it did go too far with the fridge scene and the Tarzan swinging scene. Those were pretty stupid, but people forgive an inexplicable mine ride in Temple of Doom and other preposterous things from the originals because of nostalgia. Raiders is my 2nd favorite movie and Last Crusade is very good, but I don’t hold Temple of Doom in that high of regard. But all have a pretty high suspension of disbelief factor that people don’t seem to be willing to give to movies they see as adults.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

That stuff in crystal skull didn't bug me. The fridge was no sillier than jumping out of a plane in an inflatable boat.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                          HULK SMASH!
                          • Apr 3, 2010

Raiders and Temple of Doom are two of my favourite movies ever.

I'm concerned about the new one. I have an uneasy feeling they're going to screw it up. I guess we'll see.
                          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• YoungOnce
                            Career Member
                            • Aug 29, 2007

Originally posted by Werewolf
                            That stuff in crystal skull didn't bug me. The fridge was no sillier than jumping out of a plane in an inflatable boat.
                            I thought the same thing. “Raiders” is a masterpiece to me, able to walk the fine line of fantastic and still felt grounded. As soon as I saw the party jumping out of an airplane with an inflatable raft, I knew the page had turned with “Temple”. Not that I still didn’t enjoy the heck out of it. I felt like they attempted a course-correction in the third and succeeded.

“Crystal Skull” had lots of great moments (with the missteps of the Tarzan scene), but overall a great revisit of the original idea. I loooved the giant ants sequence and thought that was a great call-back to those men’s-adventures magazine covers of yore... I could easily see that as a pulp cover, the soldier being dragged down a giant ant hill.

I’m looking forward to revisiting that world in a new movie. I know there will be some moments in it that I’ll love, just because I love the overall feel of these movies. And to hear some new John Williams music too! That guy is a wizard at evoking magical movie moments.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Are they going to recast Indy eventually? Indiana Jones and the unopening jar of pickles I really don’t want to see. They can do it if they find the right actor. Bond has been recast over and over. Chris Pratt could probably pull it off
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎