Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Corndog
    • Apr 30, 2021

I got Captain Kirk!

I have gotten my first Star trek Figure, Captain Kirk, I actually got him about a month ago, on eBay, and he's in pretty good condition, only missing the foil on his insignia and his belt with phaser and communicator. [IMG]kirk again.jpg[/IMG]
  • Mego-Amigo
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 22, 2011

Glad to hear you got him. Trek is one of my all time favorites and that original Mego Kirk is awesome.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Kirk is a great figure. Now you need Spock!

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

I think Kirk is one of the top figures mego did, a good likeness with molded black boots and phaser/communicator.
        You can find original weapons belts on ebay to complete him and I’ve seen bunches of repro insignia stickers on ebay dirt cheap.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
          Career Member
          • Jul 23, 2019

When I was a child, I of course had a few Mego figures (Spider-Man, Superman and Robin), but they had become lost somewhere within the bowels of my childhood home. About 12 years ago, I attened a small toy show in the town I was living in at the time and discovered an original Mego Kirk and Spock, both in relatively good condition. I snatched them up and they became the starting point for my renewed interest in Mego collecting.

That interest has grown even more in recen years thanks to the revival of Mego Corp., the discovery of Figures Toy Company and CTVT, as well as the Mego Museum and these great forums. But, yes, Kirk is a great figure and I hold a special place in my heart for it considering it played such an important role in bringing be back onboard the Mego bandwagon.

Congrats! And, I hope you enjoy collecting Mego figures as much as we all do.
          "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

VERY COOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you wanna replace his insignia foil it's really easy.

Find a bag of potato chips with foil lining

Get some Scotch two-side tape (yellow container)

Scissors or a scalpel

Squint until your eyes strain ---

There you go

BETTER than the original

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Corndog
              I have gotten my first Star trek Figure, Captain Kirk, I actually got him about a month ago, on eBay, and he's in pretty good condition, only missing the foil on his insignia and his belt with phaser and communicator. [IMG]kirk again.jpg[/IMG]
              Let me check, I might have a couple of extra silver insignia stickers left over.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎