X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ivaniski
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 24, 2007

14" Superman

Wowwy !!! Just saw the 14" Superman figure up on Amok Time website...OMG! I just Pre-Ordered that beauty.

Screenshot_20210601-120555.jpg
    Last edited by Ivaniski; Jun 1, '21, 3:13 PM.
  • libby 1957dog
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 3, 2009

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

I agree. It looks great!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I like the change-up to the deeper blue, but I also like the first Mego 14" Superman had a lighter blue suit. Seems more Silver Age-y. I do like the addition of the fist, the belt buckle and the belt loops. And I'm also glad that wonderful 14" sculpt was kept, because its honestly one of my favorite Superman portraits...and I own a LOT of Superman figures!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

That does look super nice, but I just hate the price.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 3, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            I like the change-up to the deeper blue, but I also like the first Mego 14" Superman had a lighter blue suit. Seems more Silver Age-y. I do like the addition of the fist, the belt buckle and the belt loops. And I'm also glad that wonderful 14" sculpt was kept, because its honestly one of my favorite Superman portraits...and I own a LOT of Superman figures!

Chris
            is it the same headsculp ,looks a bit different to me ,but it seems better scaled to the body this time ,first one seemed a bit too small and that made it look to have a giraffe neck going on

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

To me the sculpt looks like the old Parkdale Canadian Supes but has been refined and beefed up.

I like it a lot

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                Often invisible
                • Jul 18, 2002

Same sculpt, new mold. I think it’s going to come with 2 fists and 2 open hands. Both!!
                Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

is it the same headsculp ,looks a bit different to me ,but it seems better scaled to the body this time ,first one seemed a bit too small and that made it look to have a giraffe neck going on
                  It looks the same to me, looking from my screen to the previous one, which is in the case next to me. But maybe Andy Covalt/Crimson Ghost can clue us in?
                  sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Mikey
                    To me the sculpt looks like the old Parkdale Canadian Supes but has been refined and beefed up.

I like it a lot
                    It's beautiful sculpt, I love this figure.

I sort of wish the 8" DC figs featured shrinks of the 14" heads. Most of those sculpts were stunning. Hoping against all hope that someday I'll see a CG-sculpted Hawkman.
                    Last edited by PNGwynne; Jun 1, '21, 5:52 PM.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Looks very nice.
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Orion1
                        • Apr 7, 2010

Is that Superman using a newer body then the one that was used on the other two Superman 14 inch figures that were already released? It looks more poseable, if so does anyone know if the upcoming Captain Marvel (Shazam!) figure will be on the new body? The new Mego releases look great so far.

Comment

• TRDouble
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jul 10, 2012

I saw this on Instagram the other day. I was totally confused by the belt and fists until I read that it was the new 14" version. Very nice! The lips are unpainted on this head sculpt and it makes the sculpt look much better, like the 8" version. I like that the belt is slimmer than the 8" version too; that one is too thick. Mego got the belt perfect here. I like the light blue Superman costume, but this blue looks good too and gives it even more to differentiate it from the general appearance of the original version. I can't wait to check out the new body.

Comment

• TRDouble
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Orion1
                            Is that Superman using a newer body then the one that was used on the other two Superman 14 inch figures that were already released? It looks more poseable, if so does anyone know if the upcoming Captain Marvel (Shazam!) figure will be on the new body? The new Mego releases look great so far.
                            Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but the new batch of 14" figures will have new bodies due to Mego no longer having the old molds due to some... stuff... with the last factory (is that a correct quick synopsis?).

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                              Often invisible
                              • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by TRDouble
                              Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but the new batch of 14" figures will have new bodies due to Mego no longer having the old molds due to some... stuff... with the last factory (is that a correct quick synopsis?).
                              Yeah, that pretty much covers it.
                              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎