X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

1975 Kenner Hugo-Man of a Thousand Faces Catalog- Plaid Stallions

Issue 4 of Toy-Ventures magazine ships this June FACEBOOK GROUPS FROM PLAIDSTALLIONS Pod Stallions is one of the most fun groups on Facebook. Mego Knock Off Headquarters– The leading group discussing 70s dimestore goodness, we talk vintage toys, not other

More...
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

…. an Uncle Floyd Vivino friend !!!

Oogie, don't get jelly --- we love you too

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Hugo and Mrs. Beasley were the creepiest toys I remember from the wishbooks. Nightmare fuel.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Aww, Mrs. Beasley was cute my sister had one.

That "missing eye" prosthetic for Hugo is horrible. I'm surprised washable fake blood wasn't included. And the one shot of a scar for a mouth? Eww.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I can't remember if I actually saw Hugo in the Sears Wishbook along with the other nightmare-inducing dummies, or just on Pee-Wee Herman's HBO special, but either way, he made an impact. All those weird prosthetics aside, it's those EYES that stare into your soul that makes him creepy.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• greensavage2000
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 9, 2013

I got him when I was a kid. He's still around here somewhere. He's minus all his disguise pieces sadly. I had a lot of fun wearing them myself too.

Comment

• danadoll
              Micronaut Nut!
              • Apr 11, 2005

I had the Hugo puppet guy, as a kid (yes, he was creepy-looking)...my sister hated him (I had fun scaring her with him...lol). I don't have him anymore, though.

Dana
              "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• phil
                Persistent Member
                • May 11, 2007

I had Hugo and he was a lot of fun.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢