X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

1978 K-Mart Toy Flyer – Mego Superheroes

The newspaper flyer is still a great way to keep abreast of the hot holiday toys during any given year, too bad few folks decided to keep them after reading. This 1978 K Mart Circular (from the Chicago area) is a wonderful little window into that years potential toy purchases, many familiar faces can be […]

More...
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

K-Mart is the only store I ever saw the Hulk figure at.

Comment

• supes
      For the love of Mego's!
      • Jan 19, 2004

Thats awesome

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

With just some alterations the Big Rig playset could be used today with all the Big Rig tv shows (Ice Road Truckers).

kmart785.jpg
        Last edited by monitor_ep; May 27, '21, 11:11 AM.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

I love seeing stuff like this. I never went to K-Mart back in the day, but wasn’t K-Mart and Kresge’s affiliated with each other?

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

It's funny how back in the day people would look down on you if you shopped at K-Mart,kind of like how they do it today if you shop at Walmart.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I loved K-Mart, they always had a great year-round toy department. In my (somewhat rural) area, they were the primary discount retailer and we had access to a few. I shopped there until their demise.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Falstaff13
                Persistent Member
                • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by TrekStar
                I love seeing stuff like this. I never went to K-Mart back in the day, but wasn’t K-Mart and Kresge’s affiliated with each other?
                Yes, Kresge Stores tended to be smaller, and the original K-Marts were some of the earliest "big box" stores. Eventually, the more Woolworth's-like Kresge shops were phased out, leaving the K-Mart chain.
                Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

We had K-Marts in the area, but when I was young, they were in "the big city" of Lexington, which we didn't get to very often. And if we did, we preferred Hills. Hills is where the toys are (or were)!

We usually shopped at Ben Franklin and Howard's in our hometown of Cynthiana, or Heck's in nearby Georgetown.

This Mego assortment (plus Robin and Captain America) is the one I remember, and the only 8" Mego Super Heroes I had as a kid, and I had multiple copies of them over the years.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎