Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wise guy
    Career Member
    • Dec 29, 2014

I had every issue( because it was Kirby) but found the whole story boring ,and hard to follow. I liked the art only.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
      Career Member
      • Jun 8, 2015

Went to a early screening last night for Columbia students.

2 hours and 37 minutes FYI

and well. I have to be honest and say I never read the Eternals in my entire collecting years and whenever I glanced at a book in a shop, I never "got it".

When there were run ins with the Avengers or whomever, I would not say it was good or bad it was meh...

Sersi and Gilgamesh Joining the Avengers really didn't phase me at all. I did enjoy the romance between Sersi and The Black Knight.

Well the Deviants are the expected villains of the film and they were what I expected.

The actor portrayals were pretty damn good! Gotta give them all that.

and now for some SPOILERS!!!

Expect a "Twist in the tale"

1st Post credit scene: two characters appear and one is related to the Eternals, one is not and the weirdest thing to me was the REACTION in the cinema from my fellow classmates when one of the characters was introduced. Makes me wonder, do these kids actually READ comics??? Hm... The other character is more Marvel Sci Fi related... Lets just say that, you will know when you see that character!!

2nd post credit scene: Meh... At least I thought so. If you have been reading some of this years Marvel Saga's/ Storylines, then you will "GET" what is happening, and there is a mysterious VOICE at the end when it all goes BLACK!!!

It is NOT a bad film, it is pretty good, Don't let the reviews and Rotten tomatoes influence you, go plunk down yer hard earned cash and go see the film, then decide for yer self!!!

I am very curious to see how it will do at the $box$office$ if it will sink or swim??

Off to bed now.

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

Well boyfriend & I went and watched Eternals this morning. I just finished reading all the comic books and the movie magazine while boyfriend didn't. He liked it and thought it was a really good movie. I on the other hand had a hard time getting behind it with all the changes they did to the movie including one of the main Eternals. That messed me up so much I would rate it on a lower scale.

I will go back through later and add the comic books who's who later.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• powersthatbe
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 27, 2010

I unfortunately found out the end credit scene was from FB( but just means i have to see this movie now. I assume this should be on Disney plus in January?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Took the whole family out to see it for my son's birthday. Expectations were way lower than average for a Marvel film, just because nothing in the trailers really grabbed me. I had a vague idea of who the Eternals were, having read a few issues of the original Kirby run and the 80s mini-series. Beyond that, and Sersi's role in the Avengers in the 80s/90s, that's about it.

Happy to say we all really enjoyed it, way more than we expected. There's some real depth to the story, and it would honestly work well as it's own standalone film outside of the MCU. It may actually even work better. There are some serious twists in this film, and I can see how diehard Eternals fans will be thrown by this. But I think it works for this story.

Without giving too much away, I will say the trailers gave me the idea of a Snyderesque Justice League take in the MCU. The film itself seems to be somewhat of a commentary on the over-blown, way-too-serious, EPIC nature of that approach to people who fly around in tights...and then it turns it on its head. Pardon the Loki-ism, but demi-gods "burdened with glorious purpose" who find out maybe their purpose isn't what they thought it was. It was kind of like a Zack Snyder Justice League movie done right. It even took some nuggets of that universe and paid them off better than Snyder did.

While the plot is dense, there are plenty of whiz-bang action sequences. The final battle at the end was one of the best I've seen in these films. The stakes for the characters were real, and the dynamics played off. It wasn't just a "big blue beam" finale.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• YoungOnce
              Career Member
              • Aug 29, 2007

Enjoyed it fine, and maybe it's Marvel fatigue or something, but I just kept feeling like they've played out the "saving the known universe bit."

The stakes have been raised so high with each movie and I feel like they've reached their highest escalations already more than a few times. They have nowhere else to go I guess so what do you do?

Too, I feel like after these past few movies that I'm missing the top shelf characters. I knew nothing about The Eternals or Shang Chi so the emotional investment is not there like it is with Cap and Spidey and gang.

But it's a fine movie and if you are a Marvel movie fan, you'll probably dig it.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                Creature Of The Night
                • May 14, 2011

We went to see this last evening. I went into it knowing next to nothing about the characters, my other half is very well-versed in their history. There were a few things that bugged me and a few things that irked him, but overall we ended up both enjoying it and are likely to see it once more in theaters before it leaves.

A highlight for me was how well done the flying sequences were with Ikaris, they seemed very natural/second nature. Also, seeing Richard Madden & Kit Harington together again was an added bonus for the two of us, especially up on the big screen.

And a spoiler free FYI for those who didn't read the spoilers above: there is a mid-credit and a post credit scene in this feature.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                  HULK SMASH!
                  • Apr 3, 2010

It's certainly not Kirby's Eternals. As a result, I was disappointed by it.

(However, I'm certainly looking forward to seeing Dane Whitman continue the family tradition. )
                  PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• clemso
                    Talkative Member
                    • Aug 8, 2001

I wish they would have made an Inhumans movie instead of this. I know at one time that was the plan instead of that awful cheap tv show we got. The Eternals felt like it should have been the Inhumans hiding from humanity etc. Sersi was the best thing about the Eternals, i loved her vunerability. Never read the comic books. This was an ok film, but could not really identify or find something to route for in these characters.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by clemso
                      I wish they would have made an Inhumans movie instead of this.
                      Absolutely.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Wee67
                        Museum Correspondent
                        • Apr 2, 2002

I REALLY wanted to get into this movie, but I just couldn't. The MCU has always managed to make me care about the various characters despite my lack of familiarity or any changes they've made. I had no connection with the Guardians and I really enjoyed that movie. I was even sad with Yondu's fate! The only Eternal I connected with was Ikarus and that was in a negative way. (I think Madden did a great job with the role of a character you're not supposed to like. I didn't.) I found myself simply watching the other characters rather than rooting for or against them. Even the usual Marvel humor seemed forced on to one character.

I also think I'm epic-ed out. I enjoyed the more grounded Spider-Man movies. The Avengers comic book may have played a role, also, as I tapped out there, sick of having to not just save the city or the planet or even the universe,, but having to save ALL of the universes.
                        WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                          Talkative Member
                          • May 11, 2013

Well boyfriend want to go and watch Eternals again and then go get my Chili's free (Veterans) dinner. So that will make it 3 times for a movie I didn't care to see but he really likes.
                          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• powersthatbe
                            Persistent Member
                            • Sep 27, 2010

Just finished watching it and thought it was ok, I enjoyed it. Sort of reminded me of 2001. i did really enjoy the two post credits scenes (Loved seeing the "little guy" wasn't expecting that) And i hope Henry Cavill takes on the role of Captain Britain as rumored to coincide with Dane Whitman)

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

I want those two hours of my life back, what an insipid lame arse movie. Iron Man 3 has a worthy adversary now as the worst MCU ever.

Mother of gawd…
                              sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Hector
                                Second trailer does look way better.

But not dying to see it. I will eventually, but until Disney+ shows it at no extra charge, only through regular subscription.
                                You idiot…

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎