X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by rche
    the mb24 buck looks to be missing the head stump. Is MEGO going back to neck plugs on the heads?
    Looks that way. Makes it harder to switch bodies that way. I'm wondering if they are making Trek legs for it.

Comment

• Liu Bei
      Banned
      • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
      Looks that way. Makes it harder to switch bodies that way. I'm wondering if they are making Trek legs for it.
      Why would they want to make it harder to switch bodies?

Comment

• The Batman Professor
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 15, 2010

Ursus is the big winner here for me. Cannot wait for him to appear at retail.
        sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

I did not watch the video yet, but I wonder if the new bodies are screwed together like the S Type bodies. It will too bad if the bodies are not sold separately, but if they come on the new bodies, there should not be much of a need to swap Megos onto S Type bodies anyway. But if the new Mego bodies are superior, it will be disappointing not to be able to buy them for customs. No matter though, I can't wait to see it on new figures at retail. I see some online retailers have the first DC figures up for pre-order again, at a higher price margin as well. I wonder if we will see any re-releases on the new bodies too.

Comment

• JediJaida
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 14, 2008

The new male body looks great. Will Kang be on the new body or the old one?
            JediJaida

Comment

• Liu Bei
              Banned
              • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by TRDouble
              I did not watch the video yet, but I wonder if the new bodies are screwed together like the S Type bodies. It will too bad if the bodies are not sold separately, but if they come on the new bodies, there should not be much of a need to swap Megos onto S Type bodies anyway. But if the new Mego bodies are superior, it will be disappointing not to be able to buy them for customs. No matter though, I can't wait to see it on new figures at retail. I see some online retailers have the first DC figures up for pre-order again, at a higher price margin as well. I wonder if we will see any re-releases on the new bodies too.
              At Mego’s current price point, it’d still be cheaper to buy an entire figure than to buy and S-type body, then you’d have extra heads and clothes to customize or trade.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Liu Bei
                At Mego’s current price point, it’d still be cheaper to buy an entire figure than to buy and S-type body, then you’d have extra heads and clothes to customize or trade.
                If that price point holds
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Liu Bei
                  Banned
                  • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  If that price point holds
                  Agreed, and that is a big if, with inflation ramping up the way it is.

Comment

• sprytel
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by JediJaida
                    The new male body looks great. Will Kang be on the new body or the old one?
                    The Kang figure is already done, and the MB-24 is still just a factory sample pic from China, so it must be coming in a later wave.

How do you figure they get from 14-16 points of articulation to 24 points anyhow? The Type S Male body only has 22... what do you think Mego added that the Type S is missing?

Comment

• rykerw1701
                      Persistent Member
                      • Aug 27, 2007

Originally posted by sprytel
                      The Kang figure is already done, and the MB-24 is still just a factory sample pic from China, so it must be coming in a later wave.

How do you figure they get from 14-16 points of articulation to 24 points anyhow? The Type S Male body only has 22... what do you think Mego added that the Type S is missing?
                      I'd love to have some more neck articulation. A head tilt would be great. I'm not looking for Hot Toys or Mezco, but there's a lot of posing one could do if we had that feature.

Comment

• Confessional
                        Maker & Whatnot
                        • Aug 8, 2012

Originally posted by rche
                        the mb24 buck looks to be missing the head stump. Is MEGO going back to neck plugs on the heads?
                        I'm hoping it's a removable post, meaning the body could take plugs or new-style Mego heads.

Comment

• Confessional
                          Maker & Whatnot
                          • Aug 8, 2012

Originally posted by sprytel
                          Maybe bicep, wrist, thigh and ankle swivels?… that would take you to 24.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Jan 19, 2008

I'm assuming the articulation is...
                            2 at the wrist
                            2 at the elbow
                            2 at the shoulder
                            1 at the neck
                            1 at the waist
                            1 at the hip
                            2 at the knee
                            2 at the ankle

Comment

• KnightDetective
                              Veteran Member
                              • Aug 31, 2012

Originally posted by Confessional
                              I'm hoping it's a removable post, meaning the body could take plugs or new-style Mego heads.
                              This would be interesting. It would also allow for a modern style neck with ball joint at the top, in case they decide to do the occasional "deluxe" figure with the improved articulation and higher end cloth goods, ala Neca and Mezco.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎